IGNORED

Ball Knob mod 7800 controllers *Service Discontinued*

Yurkie

Discontinued 7800 Ball mod service 4/4/2014. Info left for posterity.

7800 Controller Mod:

The CX-24 controller for the 7800 has WAY too tall of a joystick, causing a lot of torque and pulling it out of the players hand.

I have been modding ColecoVision controllers with ball knobs for a several of years now, so I decided to do basically the same thing with the 7800 joystick. I experimented with different joystick lengths and the one in the pictures below worked the best in my tests. This is a huge improvement IMO. Ball knob mod price is $10 for 1 or $15 for a set This service is for ball knobs only not controller refurbishing.

For those looking for 2600, 5200 and 7800 console mods, I highly recommend electronicsentimentalities.com for 2600, 5200 and 7800 mod boards. Joe provides a great product and excellent customer service and is a pleasure to do business with. Here is a link.

http://electronicsen...mbled Mods.html

I also recommend the high quality pause mod board offered here on AtariAge in the AtariAge store.

http://www.atariage....ct_detail&p=953

Battery Replacement Services Discontinued.

post-23318-0-51473200-1337455427_thumb.jpg

post-23318-0-08304500-1337455438_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yurkie
  • Like 9

If anyone could it would be Yurkie, but from looking how shallow the disk area is to touch the contacts, I don't think the play would be that enhanced by a joystick. I had 2 different kinds I tried as a kid, one that was plastic and you took the disk right out and put the joystick in and another that was a knob joystick that slid over the controller and had foam to let you get more of a joystick experience.

I went back to the plain old disk..

Yurkie, you really need to give the INTV Gang some of your mad skills. If you could fab up a ball-top joystick mod for the original Intellivision controllers, honey hush. That would be the greatest thing since sliced bread!

• 2 weeks later...

I now have one of these modded prolines, and it has brought life back into a controller i thought was just a worthless controller. Feels great and looks great! I just need a second one for my matching set. Give your prolines a second chance in life with this mod. Keep in mind if you have any pre existing problems with it you may want to ask him about it before hand. Well worth it !!!

Received my set of ball knobbed controllers back this afternoon and gave them a tryout.Really does improve the usability of them,before that mine have just sat in boxes collecting dust!Not no more :)

Thanks much to Yurkie for running the special price and super turn around time!

$114 + return shipping for all the mods if you send me a system and controllers. With the ColecoVision I do all the mods for $129 + return shipping or sell them for $179 ( an extra $50 for the hardware )

I don't currently have plans to sell modded 7800 systems.

Yurkie, you really need to give the INTV Gang some of your mad skills. If you could fab up a ball-top joystick mod for the original Intellivision controllers, honey hush. That would be the greatest thing since sliced bread!

Yurkie has done some cord straightening mods (for CV and Inty 2) and rehabbed up some Inty controllers for me (including those pesky to fix Inty 2 controllers!) and he does awesome work. I was amazed.

This guy is awesome with mods and stands by his work. I highly recommend him. You won't regret it.

Free blue LED replacing the red power LED. No extra charge.

I may be getting a couple 7800 systems, modding them and offering them for sale. Price will be $189 + shipping. PM me if you are interested in buying one.

Edited by Yurkie
  • Like 1

Free blue LED replacing the red power LED. No extra charge.

I may be getting a couple 7800 systems, modding them and offering them for sale. Price will be $179 + shipping. PM me if you are interested in buying one.

PM sent

I have sold a couple fully modded 7800s. If you are interested in one let me know and I will let you know when one becomes available. $189 + shipping. I raised the price $10 due to the fact that all worn joystick dome contacts are replaced and the high cost of acquiring a complete system in acceptable condition.

• Like 1

Hope you like the controller set. Nice Dig Dug by the way...you must have posted that Dig Dug CIB because you know it is one of my favorite games. Luckily for me I have it. Great game!

well yeah.. considering its your number #1 choice for the Coleco SGM!

Knew you would have it.... I have a decent 7800 collection that I got in once shot after a guy having it posted for about 1/2 year .. i emailed.. said I can't afford it all can you do this for these games and they system. He says $20 more you can have it all! Most games were still sealed.

Hope you like the controller set. Nice Dig Dug by the way...you must have posted that Dig Dug CIB because you know it is one of my favorite games. Luckily for me I have it. Great game!

A/V jack and switch relocated for cleaner more orignal look. See pictures in post #1

A/V jack is now in the opening previously occupied by the RF jack and a new toggle switch is installed in the spot previously occupied by the channel select switch.

• Like 1