IGNORED

Facebook as a user

Hello. I hope this isn't a silly question, but why is Facebook listed as a user? Same with Google?At the bottom of the main page, they are always (almost) present. And quite often while I'm reading a thread, it lists Facebook as viewing the topic.

I've noticed this for some time, but became concerned when CPUWIZ mentioned that his browser alerted him that Facebook was trying to run scripts on a page he was viewing on Atari Age.

Thanks for replies and for understanding, since I don't fully understand how this forum works, nor how Facebook is tied to it.

I knew they were bots and they scour the internet But when they show up in forums User lists such as here on AA are they approved through software or can they be blocked if the

need ever arose?

I knew they were bots and they scour the internet But when they show up in forums User lists such as here on AA are they approved through software or can they be blocked if the

need ever arose?

As far as I know, search engines are blocked from the off topic forums.

As far as I know, search engines are blocked from the off topic forums.

I've seen the "Facebook" user in the Off-Topic sub-forums also.

I don't think Facebook is considered to be a search engine. It's our friendly little buddy that spies on us for the government.

• Like 1

I don't think Facebook is considered to be a search engine. It's our friendly little buddy that spies on us for the government.

No, it isn't a search engine, but it's still discomfiting to know that Facebook is crawling through the forums.

Are we sure it isn't too late to switch over to a Telnet BBS? :lol: