IGNORED

SIO2SD Boot Error

Just got Lotharek's SIO2SD for my stock XEGS. I can meander thru with the k1-k4 hardware buttons and load ATR's - but if I just press start to get the keyboard navigation'able menu - I get a continuous "BOOT ERROR".

I tried mounting the card and deleting the "SIO2SD.CFG" file, thinking that maybe after it wrote a new one, that would fix things. Well, it wrote a new one, but still get the "BOOT ERROR".

Any help would be much appreciated!!

The default setting of SIO2SD is to select and load files/disks with buttons and LCD screen.

This is very nice because you can do a lot of things, even make ATRs, without having to turn off the computer.

But to mount disks or load files it's easier to use the on-screen loader.

To do this on every boot, a simple setting needed to be changed.

Dude, I am so sorry that I never got back to you about loaning you my SDrive... Glad you got a SIO2SD and that you got it working... Feel free to PM me if you have any questions (I have an sio2sd too)

That's cool. Yeah, after some more research I felt the SIO2SD would suit my needs over the Maxflash+IDE. Now with my cart slot still open, I'll probably get an 1 or 8 flashcart (maybe SIC instead) for some sort of DOS or Forth. Still have some experimenting to do before I decide. Maybe SIDE will be readily available by time I decide. Then of course there are the Ethernet and USB carts that would be fun to play with too . . .

I have both a SIC and a Maxflash, both are very cool for on the go portable usage. But I rarely use them in my main machine at home (With so many machines I do use a SIC cart to go back and forth between the ones in my basement instead of hooking up sio2pc or the like)