cimerians

Well I never knew it until today but this bizarre game is basically from the guy who created Ghosts n' Goblins and Mega Man. No wonder I loved it...and its wierdness.

(A lot more forgiving too.)

info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomba!

Coming soon to PSN this summer:

http://www.destructo...r--227923.phtml

I'll be buying this one especially if its just $5.99. (Beats $200 bucks sealed on ebay)

I finished it twice way back in the 90's, Lots of platforming fun. Nead to beat it just another couple of times I think.

Highly recommended for platformer junkies.

Edited by cimerians
  • Like 1

Yeah, I enjoyed this one a lot back in 1999/2000. Too bad the sequel didn't have the same charm; I just couldn't force myself to play too far into it.

Right, I didnt like part 2 either. I remember it was full 3D rather than 2D/3D hybrid and just never got passed the first couple of hours. I didnt like the graphics and the gameplay felt awkward. A shame, I remember hoping for a true sequel.

• 3 weeks later...

I LOVE both Tomba! games for the PSX! Sadly, they are both absolutely stupidly rare and I have only been able to track down the second one in the wild. I still desperately need the first one, but have not seen it for less than $80.

I bought my copy of Tomba! at a yard sale in 2008 (I think, or maybe it was 2009), along with four other PlayStation games and a GameCube with four controllers & Luigi's Mansion. Total cost was -- don't hate me -- five bucks. (And one of the other PlayStation games was Castlevania: SOTN.)

I had no idea what I'd lucked into, but I really liked the game's style, and finished it over the summer. I assumed that Tomba! was a typical title for the PlayStation , and that I'd missed out on a bunch of 5th-generation games of comparable quality and approach. If only that were so!

Actually, I think Tomba! was the first game I'd beaten on real hardware in almost a decade. That yard sale purchase, along with a PlayStation & N64 console lot I bought at another yard sale, was what got me back into collecting & playing on real hardware -- and a thousand games later, here I am, thanks in no small part to Tomba!