IGNORED

New to the CV scene!

Glossyluv

Steve has his stuff in storage and hasn't updated his list in a long time.

He may or may not have what is listed still.

Look at this site in the Colecovision section http://www.atarimax....sale/index.html it has complete Colecovision for USD$50, though not specifies state.

I found it lately. From atarimax.com I've ordered the AtariMAX Colecovision SD Cartridge and it works great, specially for development.

I have a Yurkie machine and one in original shape (wanted one that way too).. I did the power switch rebuild myself and cleaned the controllers myself.

That wasn't too bad... but delicate soldering.. I can't even find people to do it.. and when you do... you are talking $$$/hour.

So Yurkie isn't too bad pricewise.

Was just putting out that information out for those who just want to add ball knobs to their controllers and do not have the money for the full Yurkie mods.

Oh yea, I just remembered again that you can buy something on the Colecovision to play atari 2600 games. Is there any way to use atari 2600 controllers on the colecovision with the 2600 games though?

The Expansion Module #1 (Atari 2600 module) came with its own set of joystick ports. So you can use Atari 2600 controllers if you want to. Most people just plugged their CV controllers in those ports, since the module itself didn't come with any joysticks.

Wow that is pretty awesome. I dont have a 2600 yet either, so it makes the colecovision sound like a great option for me.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&icep_uq=colecovision+expansion+1&icep_sellerId=&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

I bought one just to have it as part of the collection, but I don't use it. If you like to switch back and forth between Coleco and Atari games, you might find it gets inconvenient to use because you have to disconnect the expansion from the CV before you can play CV games again. That is, unless you mod it (I don't remember where the link is for that). Also, if you use the CV controllers, you have to unplug them too. Almost better to just get a 2600.

As a caveat to what I just said, I have also heard of people modding the Expansion #1 to be completely independent of the CV. It apparently makes for a nicely compact 2600 console.

Wow that is pretty awesome. I dont have a 2600 yet either, so it makes the colecovision sound like a great option for me.

http://rover.ebay.co...&mtid=824&kw=lg

I bought one just to have it as part of the collection, but I don't use it. If you like to switch back and forth between Coleco and Atari games, you might find it gets inconvenient to use because you have to disconnect the expansion from the CV before you can play CV games again. That is, unless you mod it (I don't remember where the link is for that). Also, if you use the CV controllers, you have to unplug them too. Almost better to just get a 2600.

As a caveat to what I just said, I have also heard of people modding the Expansion #1 to be completely independent of the CV. It apparently makes for a nicely compact 2600 console.

Hmm yea good point. It looks as if the atari expansion module costs nearly as much as a 2600 too. Maybe I should just get a 2600 separately then.

http://rover.ebay.co...&mtid=824&kw=lg

Hmm yea good point. It looks as if the atari expansion module costs nearly as much as a 2600 too. Maybe I should just get a 2600 separately then.

You could also get a Coleco Gemini. It's a nice and compact system which sits well next to a ColecoVision console. :)