IGNORED

MetalJesusRocks - Forgotten Racing Games

yes, and it's all but forgotten. loved that game back then. Played it first on my friends amiga a500. Loved the engine sound and making tracks. After a while I got it for my pc and had a good time playing the game. It was one of the great games from geoff cramond.

yes, and it's all but forgotten. loved that game back then. Played it first on my friends amiga a500. Loved the engine sound and making tracks. After a while I got it for my pc and had a good time playing the game. It was one of the great games from geoff cramond.

It wasn't written by Geoff Crammond.

Stunts was called 4D Sports Driving in Europe, and published by Mindscape as part of their 4D series.

Wow I remember all those racers, I always loved the Porsche racer.

Another good forgotten one is Vette (Spectrum Holobyte), forerunner of GTA for sure.

Edited by high voltage

I loved the vid--it brought back a lot of memories from back when I played games on PC.

possible suggestions for part 2:

Kawasaki Superbike Challenge on Genesis

Moto Racer Advance on GBA

Super Drift Out on Super Famicom (it's overhead, so it may not fit in well with the rest)

Back when I played PC games, I had fond memories of the kart racer 'Wacky Wheels.' Anybody else remember those old shareware kart racers? There was 'Skunny Kart' too at about the same time.

Edited by Reaperman

Kawasaki Superbike Challenge on Genesis

Moto Racer Advance on GBA

Super Drift Out on Super Famicom (it's overhead, so it may not fit in well with the rest)

Moto Racer on the GBA?! Huh... Loved the big boy version, so I'll have to check it out. Probably plays like RC Pro-Am, I assume. Great suggestions! I'll check them all out.

Back when I played PC games, I had fond memories of the kart racer 'Wacky Wheels.' Anybody else remember those old shareware kart racers?

Oh yeah, I thought Wacky Wheels was a teriffic Mario Kart knock-off. I nearly bought/registered it way back when.

It wasn't written by Geoff Crammond.

Stunts was called 4D Sports Driving in Europe, and published by Mindscape as part of their 4D series.

Wow I remember all those racers, I always loved the Porsche racer

Another good forgotten one is Vette (Spectrum Holobyte), forerunner of GTA for sure.

My mistake on Geoff Crammond. I only recall the name stunts in the Netherlands, not the 4d name.

You're thinking of Stunt Car Racer, that was him.

You're right, got that title mixed up with stunts. That is also a great game.

Back to Stunts, like I said I only recall that game as Stunts not 4d. Loved to race the Jag and Ferrari and designing tracks. Have to dig that title up again.

A other great racing game that I like, but that's extremly difficult, is grand prix legends. Love the engine sound, and getting lost on the Nurburgring and driving at Zandvoort.

Edited by Seob

Downhill Domination for the PS2.

I forgot about that game! Really enjoyed it when it first came out... Gonna have to add it to the list for Part 2 or 3. Thanks!

Wow I just looked that one up on youtube--there's no way that game can't be huge fun. It's on my to-buy list for sure.

Speaking of PS2, I always felt that Enthusia was overlooked. GT4 was already out and smashed it like a bug, but Konami worked pretty hard on that one and there's a lot to like. It's still got a very small fanbase over on a Gran Turismo forum I visit that maintain that it's the better game. I don't fully agree with them, but there are a lot of areas where it comes out on top.

Edited by Reaperman

Still remember the first time I played Stunts in about 1992. It blew me away, along with all my friends. We used to trade floppy disks of the most insane tracks we could design. The physics were a bit wonky, you could be driving along at top speed and out of nowhere be 10,000 feet in the air. That was all part of the fun :)

NFS Porsche Unleashed was a fantastic game and still is. No idea why they left out the 959, 928 and the 917.

Still remember the first time I played Stunts in about 1992. It blew me away, along with all my friends. We used to trade floppy disks of the most insane tracks we could design. The physics were a bit wonky, you could be driving along at top speed and out of nowhere be 10,000 feet in the air. That was all part of the fun :)

Speaking of crazy Stunts physics... check out this game play video of Stunts. Make sure to watch it where it splits to 4 screen and they show just how they managed to pull it off. Crazy!

Speaking of crazy Stunts physics... check out this game play video of Stunts. Make sure to watch it where it splits to 4 screen and they show just how they managed to pull it off. Crazy!

HA! The Indycar was the worst for stuff like this, once it hit top speed all sorts of strange things started to happen. It even had a glitch top speed that was closer to 300mph. When you were going this fast you basically couldn't crash. Thanks for bringing back some awesome memories.