IGNORED

My collection as of 5-25-12

We're very supportive here; we all start somewhere. If you go to Ebay you can bulk up your collection with commons for a cheap price. Good start though!

Thanks, I go to game stores and CD tradepost to get my games. I look on Ebay and Amazon, just haven't bought anything yet. The local stores have the more common games, I plan to buy the common ones first, then buy lots on Ebay and sell the games I already have.

Welcome to the addiction! You are off to a good start, especially considering your age. I have a son who is 13, but he considers my collection to be his, therefore he has no idea the time, trouble and effort I have gone through to assemble my humble collection.

Looking at your pic and knowing your age, I assume you are going to start by collecting loose carts? Only reason I mentioned your age is due to the fact you are not old enough to legally work for an employer, no offense ment.

Myself, I prefer only CIB. My suggestion is to decide now which direction you want to go, so your money isn't spent twice. I highly suggest you save up some money and buy a Harmony Cart for your 2600. That way you can try all the games and then spend your money on the games you truly like.

Another suggestion, constantly watch the Marketplace here at AA. You will soon find that some great deals are posted here by true collectors who sell quality items at very fair prices. IMHO, the quality found here is much more consistent than what I've experienced on eBay. I spend over $10K a year on Amazon, but have yet to buy a single Classic VideoGame item. My concern has been not seeing a picture of the actual item, just having a written description to go by. For me, that just is not acceptable.

When I first started collecting I also got into Atari. Hope your collection grows!

Yeah, thanks for the support!

Welcome to the addiction! You are off to a good start, especially considering your age. I have a son who is 13, but he considers my collection to be his, therefore he has no idea the time, trouble and effort I have gone through to assemble my humble collection.

Looking at your pic and knowing your age, I assume you are going to start by collecting loose carts? Only reason I mentioned your age is due to the fact you are not old enough to legally work for an employer, no offense ment.

Myself, I prefer only CIB. My suggestion is to decide now which direction you want to go, so your money isn't spent twice. I highly suggest you save up some money and buy a Harmony Cart for your 2600. That way you can try all the games and then spend your money on the games you truly like.

Another suggestion, constantly watch the Marketplace here at AA. You will soon find that some great deals are posted here by true collectors who sell quality items at very fair prices. IMHO, the quality found here is much more consistent than what I've experienced on eBay. I spend over $10K a year on Amazon, but have yet to buy a single Classic VideoGame item. My concern has been not seeing a picture of the actual item, just having a written description to go by. For me, that just is not acceptable.

Ya, I'm 14 so I don't have a lot of money and Video games aren't the things I worry about the most. Whenever I get a few dollars I go to my local Gamers and buy some games, then have fun when I get home!

• 2 weeks later...