IGNORED

CV Arcade Controller --- PRE ORDERS

I think one of the problems is that people got the stick without a cable. They were hyped up to play and then they just stare at the stick and start to notice imperfections. It's like buying a new Corvette, but you have no access to gasoline for a week :-). Once you use the controller, it is smooth. It makes you want to fire up the machine. The suction cups work great. I like the pass-through on the back. I have a Champ keypad (the less valuable one button kind). You can plug it into the back and then actually insert the overlays. I hope someone releases a game to use the buttons on the side or modifies some roms to use them. They are great.

I think one of the problems is that people got the stick without a cable. They were hyped up to play and then they just stare at the stick and start to notice imperfections. It's like buying a new Corvette, but you have no access to gasoline for a week :-). Once you use the controller, it is smooth. It makes you want to fire up the machine. The suction cups work great. I like the pass-through on the back. I have a Champ keypad (the less valuable one button kind). You can plug it into the back and then actually insert the overlays. I hope someone releases a game to use the buttons on the side or modifies some roms to use them. They are great.

pinball which is coming out later when the SGM is available is supposed to use those side buttons.

pinball which is coming out later when the SGM is available is supposed to use those side buttons.

Rollerball, to be precise. :)

Colecovision Arcade Joystick #14 has arrived safely, and works great! The Joystick control is wonderful, as I tested several games, they all worked great. All 4 buttons work fine. And, the cable connection is fine, no problems at all. (Wish I could test the side buttons.)

Everyone (retroillucid, coleco_master and 5-11under) did a great job bringing the arcade experience home to enjoy on the ColecoVision!

Thanks!

:) :D

• Like 1

Wish I could test the side buttons

You can, but not for the method that they were designed/intended for as they will function as if you are pressing left or right on the Controller/Joystick. For instance, if you press the left side button in Donkey Kong, Mario will move left. If you press the right side button, Mario will move right. At least this way you can test them out to make sure they are working properly and when Rollerball is released by CollectorVision you will be able to put them to work as they were intended.

• Like 1

Wish I could test the side buttons

You can, but not for the method that they were designed/intended for as they will function as if you are pressing left or right on the Controller/Joystick. For instance, if you press the left side button in Donkey Kong, Mario will move left. If you press the right side button, Mario will move right. At least this way you can test them out to make sure they are working properly and when Rollerball is released by CollectorVision you will be able to put them to work as they were intended.

If you want to make the games more difficult you could use the buttons instead of the joystick for left and right then.

I will have to wait for my correct cable. A few weeks is not long to wait when we had to wait many months for them to finish making them :)

• Like 1

....I am going to timidly ask:

Are any more of these available? :|

No, all sold out :|

although...... Toby gave me my Official #29 Letter with the label to put on my controller, because I have the prototype unit

but if Toby want to make the number 29 to you, then It's yours! :)

I will keep my unit labeled Prorotype ;)

I know he have a PCB left

I worked a lot of overtime this week, so my paycheck should be bigger on Friday......hmmm! :D

Contact coleco_master

If he agree to make the #29 , then it's yours

I prefer to keep mine as the proto as the unit is slightly different by having the Coleco logo at the bottom center of the unit

And some other minor issues...

will kit contain internal componets only (pcb, wiring)? or keypad, joystick, controller, case, cable, stickers, etc as well?

The Kit will contains, The PCB, already wired with clamps , mean no soldering necessary

Will contains the Keypad too

The only things you will need, is make your own case and buy some arcade buttons and a joystick

:)

• The acrylic has some spots where the black layer underneath is not flush. It looks like an oil slick (hard to describe...maybe it's adhesive residue???).

I noticed these as well.. they were around the screws. I was able to get rid of them for the most part by loosening and tightening the screws.. If I go really tight the oil slick would appear again.. not sure how to make it disappear altogether.

• Like 1