IGNORED

Kickstarter Projects?

I'm backing Abducted, but unless things pick up, they're not going to meet their goal.

Of course, they said they were going to complete the game even if they don't meet their goal (they've apparently already invested $200K+ in the game), so maybe that hurt them.

I'm also backing OZombie. I had hoped that American McGee's next project would be Alice: Otherlands, but I'm excited for OZombie as well.

Edited by chicgamer

Looking for Group webcomic is doing a co-op RPG game. I always liked LFG. :)

993a5a4681baa1f7e61530a8dd16b738_large.jpg

I'm also backing a couple of nice looking SNES-like RPGs.

So I'm A Dark Lord

No great screenshot but the video made it look very interesting and I like the concept.

A parody of old school RPGs where you are a new Dark Lord on a quest to amass monsters and allies on your side.

Dormant Sky

71c8db79c75875e07d2947ba410e9452_large.png

So, it looks like I'm going to go 0 for 2 for the first two projects I supported.

Hoping that Bronzeville gets funded. It's more of an interactive graphic novel than a traditional video game. It's about an African-American neighborhood on Chicago's south side circa 1940.

I like interactive novels and this seems pretty cool mainly because I'm from the south side of Chicago. lol

Thanks for the heads up!

• 2 weeks later...

This Kickstarter looks like another one that is going to shoot way past the $1 million mark -- http://www.kickstart...machine-tactics

Jumped on that one a few days ago - it looks really good!

I also just found a nice looking tower defense board game. If it's half as good as Castle Panic is I'll be happy!

The King's Armory - The Tower Defense Board Game!

1044f46fb0c162b4f5a516f5c98efc77_large.jpg?1372412227

Also of note: Deck of Thieves shipped this week. Can't wait to get mine! :)

Sad that LFG failed but I'd like to see if he continues the project. I hope they don't scrap it...

Edited by ClassicGMR

• 3 weeks later...

Eternal Darkness guys need a little help:

http://www.kickstart...-the-eternals-0

I've reached my limit with Kickstarter but I'll wait till the last two or three days to help.

Thanks for sharing this! It seems like I'm the kiss of death to Kickstarter projects (none that I have supported so far have been funded), but I went ahead and backed this one. I've yet to play through Eternal Darkness, but I've been urged to several times. Maybe I'll get to it soon.

Thanks for sharing this! It seems like I'm the kiss of death to Kickstarter projects (none that I have supported so far have been funded), but I went ahead and backed this one. I've yet to play through Eternal Darkness, but I've been urged to several times. Maybe I'll get to it soon.

I have gotten three games (and one Ouya) that have funded and have a handful of others that won't come out till next year. I had only one game that got canceled.

Eternal Darkness...a horror game classic!

Hope this makes it but it doesn't look like it will and we may never see this game come out. :(

I would hope at least Wii U owners would help pitching in for the fund. It needs games and a sequel to the Gamecube classic.

• 3 weeks later...

Incredible!

I was surprised with their goal of a $100k.. thats enough to pay the salary of 1.5 persons on the staff if they're cheap, but apparently they need that cash to spend on the 3D modelling only. The rest of the team is working in their spare time for free. Gotta love dedication :)

• Like 1

I love browsing around in Kickstarter projects, it's such a nice way for anyone really to get his game, or whatnot, into the world :) Nice reading al your discoveries. I recently discovered 7 days to die, it's already in alpha and very playable, think minecraft meets zombie survival fps.. build your defenses and mine for resources, really cool game, multiplayer already running, and more to come. Also, a bit older, but still interesting, Grim Dawn, from the makers of Titan Quest. I'm waiting for that to get a bit further in developement, as the early alpha access is a bit steep (don't like that trend although it might be understandable in this case).. Also, did you notice the way Steam is hooking into the indie devs, kickstarted or not, with Greenlight? pretty interesting move.

• 2 weeks later...

No way...she's back!

I used to play this game on the Gameboy.

Damn! I think I'm in on another kickstarter.....

Hmm, it sounds like you may be under the impression that this is the first appearance of Shantae since her original GBC game. If that's so, and if you have a compatible system, I advise you to check out Shantae: Risky's Revenge on DSi/3DS or iOS. Originally released as DSiWare in 2010, it's the first Shantae sequel. A third game in the series is coming soon to the 3DS eShop, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, if successfully funded, will be the first Shantae game not originating on a Nintendo handheld, but it's definitely not her first appearance since 2002.

I'm still trying to pick a backer tier.

onmode-ky

• Like 1

Hmm, it sounds like you may be under the impression that this is the first appearance of Shantae since her original GBC game. If that's so, and if you have a compatible system, I advise you to check out Shantae: Risky's Revenge on DSi/3DS or iOS. Originally released as DSiWare in 2010, it's the first Shantae sequel. A third game in the series is coming soon to the 3DS eShop, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, if successfully funded, will be the first Shantae game not originating on a Nintendo handheld, but it's definitely not her first appearance since 2002.

I'm still trying to pick a backer tier.

onmode-ky

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's one that sounds a lot of fun -- The Long Dark. It's a first person post disaster survival sim, and they have some top notch people involved in the game. The main character is going to be voiced by Mark Meer (Best known for voicing Commander Shepard in the Mass Effect games) and actor Elias Toufexis is also involved with the project.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hinterlandgames/the-long-dark-a-first-person-post-disaster-surviva