IGNORED

Alien Syndrome

BioForceApe

Two players control two soldiers named Ricky and Mary, who must fight their way through large eight-way scrolling levels rescuing their comrades who are being held by aliens. After they have rescued a certain number of hostages the exit opens and they can pass through it in order to fight the end-of-level guardian. If this monstrosity is defeated, they move onto the next stage. As well as two player simultaneous gameplay, Alien Syndrome features pick-ups which assist the player including better weapons and maps of the current level.

Nautical. For anyone, the deadline is next Sat.

jblenkle - 39,500

roadrunner - 26,500

Torr -

LarcenTyler -

zylon - 92,400

skosh -

HSC Points:

jblenkle - 6

roadrunner - 9

Torr - 2

LarcenTyler - 2

zylon - 7

skosh - 6

Edited by BioForceApe

No offense to the others competing here, but I am SOOO gonna rock this game...

Considering the scores I seen for Choplifter, if you think THAT game was hard (and you must have fr m the scores I seen posted, either that or you all hated the game so much you didn't even try) then Alien Syndrome is gonna make you it's prison bitch.

Or maybe I'm the only one who finds this game frustratingly (yet funly... yes, FUNLY) aggravating.

PROTIP: If you die at a boss fight, press Reset, go smoke a cigarette and try again.

WARNING: The Surgeon General warns AGAINST smoking. The Surgeon General also warns about playing this game, because it's frustration factor will drive you to smoke and/or drink.

^above^

The way the scoring is being done, there's no point in my trying to improve a score since I'll only get one point anyway unless 1st place.

I'm also not trying very hard, but there are some games I'll "wake-up" for.

Currently, if you post 1,000,000 points, I get the same round points whether I post 999,999 or 1.

Not really. I'm just playing and taking up space. I've found over the last few seasons that the harder I played, the less players joined in. I'm only playing to "promote" not to win.

The selections have done little to reignite my "care-factor" as well.

Yeah, i can't say i've heard of all these games we played so far this season.

We probably would get more players with a couple more popular and common games thrown into the mix.

Even if the game has been played before (Hang On) ;)

Anyway a score :)

Edited by roadrunner

I played twice today, reaching 45,200 as my top. I've never actually made it beyond the first guardian on anything but the arcade. This is one that I only keep for my collection and some arcade memories. Otherwise, it now goes back to the bottom of my cart pile where it belongs. I'll see it again in a few years or so.

Actually, participation dropped rapidly after my domination of Hang-on. I've kind of regretted it in a way.

Edited by zylon

I really love this game, (i might had even suggested this one!) and I should submit a score, but real life matters are overwhelming right now and I don't have time to enjoy my games (I haven't even been active in the 5200 HSC lately, where I had posted several scores)

I hope I can post a few scores later down the line, but as of now it is with deep regret that I have to remove myself from participation due to lack of time... I really would love to compete in this game, but it's not going to happen as my time is fully allocated with personal matters (and work is busy with this new Dodge Dart launch...)

I miss my old REAL Dodge Darts. :(

EDIT: My DTV went out today for a couple hours, so I played again. Had to use a CX40 stick to get anywhere, but beat the first boss for the first time.

Now that I've found better controls for this, it's not that bad a game. Response is much better with a stick. I'd suggest you try it. :)

post-25215-0-08609500-1338330109_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon