IGNORED

Atari Questron Issue

danielcg

I have major issue with Atari Questron game.

When I reached end of the game in Atari Questron and I inserted "Disk 0" and hit "RETURN" key to start end-game sequence and suddenly, Questron game formatted the disk, effectively destroyed Questron main disk and save game! I do not see end of game at all and repeatedly ask me to insert Disk 0 and press "RETURN" key again over. Everything else except endgame worked perfectly.

I have backup digital copy of Questron main game which contains my save game, "Harvey" where a character is right now before endgame. A mantor was already killed. Just enter the castle and go to throne room to start endgame sequence. I had to copy backup copy to main copy to restore my savegame.

I do not know if a bug in Questron game or Atirra V2.00.

In May 1985, I had real Atari 800 computer and I was able to see Questron end game successfully.

• 7 years later...

Sorry for the necro, this seems to be the only thread I can find on this topic.  I had read in the past there were issues with the disk images available for Questron as far as the ending.  I plan on playing on my 800XL, but wanted to find good working images (vapi, or flux images would even be better) before starting to play this.

Hopefully there has been some resolution since 2012...

Questron is preserved by The Atari 8-bit Software Preservation Initiative.

You can download the files with the torrent (see https://atariage.com/forums/topic/234684-atari-8-bit-software-preservation-initiative/

or the many other different copies out there, a.o. https://archive.org/details/Atari8bitPreservedSoftware2019-07-09)

• Like 1