IGNORED

Colleen: Android emulator

Philsan

I sent the patch upstream and built this new (still unsigned) apk. Enjoy.

attachicon.gifcolleen-hack3-debug.apk.zip

Is there a trick to getting this to apk to install?

I already had colleen installed on my phone (for quite a long time now actually), but when I try to install this apk it fails.

And I already had the security option to allow for apps from unknown sources set to "on".

-Eric

Is there a trick to getting this to apk to install?

I already had colleen installed on my phone (for quite a long time now actually), but when I try to install this apk it fails.

And I already had the security option to allow for apps from unknown sources set to "on".

Because the app uses the same name but comes from a different source, Android will refuse to install over it.

Just uninstall the old one first.

• Like 1

Because the app uses the same name but comes from a different source, Android will refuse to install over it.

Just uninstall the old one first.

ok, that worked.

However, when I run the app I don't see the keyboard shown in the screen shots in the your posts above. I still see the keyboard like Colleen had before.

Is there something else you have to do to see the keybaord with CTRL ALT FN keys, etc.?

Edited by erichenneke

However, when I run the app I don't see the keyboard shown in the screen shots in the your posts above. I still see the keyboard like Colleen had before.

Is there something else you have to do to see the keybaord with CTRL ALT FN keys, etc.?

Colleen doesn't provide its own keyboard. If your device's standard keyboard doesn't provide CTRL, ALT, etc. (and it probably doesn't), you'll have to install a third-party keyboard app. I use the Hacker's Keyboard (https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.pocketworkstation.pckeyboard/), but others may also work, like the AnySoftKeyboard.

• Like 1

Colleen doesn't provide its own keyboard. If your device's standard keyboard doesn't provide CTRL, ALT, etc. (and it probably doesn't), you'll have to install a third-party keyboard app. I use the Hacker's Keyboard (https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.pocketworkstation.pckeyboard/), but others may also work, like the AnySoftKeyboard.

OK, great . That worked.

Hmmm, that makes me pretty nervous when you have to accept the warning that the keyboard app could be capturing all keystrokes including passwords!!

• 3 weeks later...

finally got colleen hack 3 loaded onto my nvidia shield and seems to be working fine with a ps4 controller

I'm having to use the 'mouse toggle' app to be able to press top right to get the start;select;options keyboard overlay and also the menu to insert disks

It would be nice to be able to map some of the ps4 buttons to start key etc...

I do use a NV Shield - and it did work fine for some time - but then - it stopped supporting the external controller - was using a Microsoft gamepad.

I think it must have been the 3rd update to the tablet that broke the support. Would like an easy way to restore or restart back with the old OS?

But can't find a solution. Tried a X-Box controller - but that didn't work at all. Maybe a NV controller would fix my woes?

Harvey

Best Android Emu

Tap screen after start (when show text SDL) to setup interface.

tried this on my nvidia shield as well as colleen and it too works fine

I do like the save/load states

Both seem equally good as each other, I might need to play a lot more blue max to give them a good workout

• 4 months later...

There's a new Android emulator, XEmu65.

As usual, you can legally download system roms here.

XEmu65 is an experimental emulator of 8-bit computers, designed for Android phones. It's main focus is on simplicity and good touchscreen controls for playing games.

XEmu65 is based on free and open source Atari800 emulator.

Main features:

- streamlined user interface

- touchscreen controls inspired by some of the finest iOS and Android games

- "zero configuration", including automatic detection of emulated machine settings using TOSEC filename convention

- "good enough" compatibility without the need of copyrighted Atari ROM files

- visual save browser

Known bugs / limitations:

- only internal storage is supported

- possible save state corruption

TODOs:

- Android 5.0+ compatibility

- replace legacy filesystem access by StorageAccessProvider

- support for physical controllers (Bluetooth & USB-OTG)

- more touchscreen controller schemes, including paddles emulation

- support for cassette and cartdridge-based file formats

XEmu65 © 2017-2018 Michał Galiński.

Atari800 © David Firth, © Atari800 Development Team.

Based on official port of Atari800 for Android by Kostas Nakos.

Atari ROM and Atari BASIC replacements by Avery Lee.

Licensed under GNU General Public License. All rights reserved.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

After run .apk when you see "SDL" you must tap on the screen. From menu you must choose "On-screen keyboard->On screen keyboard transparency->invisible"

I tried that, and it's still there. Also, it looks like there are newer versions, but none are compiled to android apk.

Ok, try "On-screen keyboard->Re-map onscreen controls->uncheck all". This work. I have also 3.1 version

That worked for me. Thanks.

Now we need to get the Kodi add-on IAGL to use it. It seems to only like retroarch now. This may only require some slight changes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...