IGNORED

HSC Season #3 - Game #1 Beamrider

We are back for the regular HSC season, and let's start it off by riding the beam, shall we, Beamrider style...

This Activision classic features progressive difficulty, and what might be a push over on the first couple of levels can be a real MAJOR challenge as the game goes on. Who will be the ultimate beamrider?

Scores can be posted until Sunday, June 24th, 2012 at 10:30am Eastern time. Good luck to everyone!

Leaderboard Update for Game #1 - BeamRider *Final*

1. Skosh - 87,712 ( 10pts )
  2. jblenkle - 85,192 ( 9pts )
  3. roadrunner - 62,240 ( 8pts )
  4. JacobZu7 - 61,022 ( 6pts )
  5. cparsley - 52,190 ( 4pts )
  6. gezkc - 37,740 ( 2pts )
  7. zylon - 36,560 ( 1pt )
  8. JasonlikesINTV - 29,290 ( 1pt )
  9. INTVDude - 20,104 ( 1pt )
  10. patbb - 17,720 ( 1pt )
  11. thegoldenband - 13,620 ( 1pt )
  12. 1980gamer - 13,200 ( 1pt )
  13. RangerG - 8,940 ( 1pt )
  14. BillyHW - 7,230 ( 1pt )

Edited by cparsley

We played this one on the ColecoVision HSC awhile back...the more you practice, the better you get. It can be very frustrating at times though.

A struggle and a slow agony... I don't GET this game or how anyone can be good at it!

Drives my patience to no end. I think I hate this game... :mad:

I didn't have time to play this until today so this will probably be my only score. But i just had to put in an attempt. This game rocks. I'm new to this game. Played it once for season 1 but that was on emulation. The controller i was using sucked and for some reason it made my eyes hurt playing it on my monitor. Now i finally own the cart and what a difference. Controls so great and it doesn't hurt my eyes. Maybe because now i'm 10 feet away from the screen instead of 2. :-D

post-25251-0-63580000-1339194910_thumb.jpg

I'm new to the Intellivision HSC. I played the 5200 one a couple of years back. I'm a poor videogame scorer, but I make sure to play every game and to submit a score. Looking forward to playing most of the INTV library for the first time.

I'm new to the Intellivision HSC. I played the 5200 one a couple of years back. I'm a poor videogame scorer, but I make sure to play every game and to submit a score. Looking forward to playing most of the INTV library for the first time.

Welcome aboard! :)

Wish I had time to have played this instead of this token one game just now on the emu. Have to agree with others who mentioned it but on an emulator the game is just not the same. Also some objects are hard to even see. Haven't played the game on the Intv console yet but did play the Coleco version in the HSC and the feel of the game is quite different in emulated form and I'd imagine the same case here on the Intv. I think I am going to find my copy and have a go. Very fun game.

Good score jbenkle!!

post-30275-0-58336200-1339338244_thumb.gif

Edited by skosh