IGNORED

Where do you buy you're games from?

2600Guru

Go to Canadian Tire for tools and almost everything its got Sears beat tenfold. Sears is mostly clothing, furniture here..

Us Canadians also love princess auto and Peavy mart.

Its like saying walmart or zellers has used games like how would that ever happen??

Edited by Jinks

I have been getting some games from the marketplace on AA. Being a Canadian chickie I have been getting most of my lots on kijiji for a pretty decent price. If people are willing to ship to me I buy lol! :)

Does AA sell used games as well?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been regathering my collection through Ebay and a local vintage game shop which is a bit pricey. Ebay can be ok if you are lucky enough to find a game that is using the auction format with a low starting bid. It seems like everyone uses the buy it now feature and price the game for 5 bucks or more.

• 1 year later...

eBay tho shipping etc. tends to suck.

Seems all the local shops use eBay as the universal price guide for everything. So no matter what you find locally it is eBay price or higher. Sux.

Once in a great while something decent shows up on Craigslist.

New shop opened in town, M&M Video Games. They claim to price below eBay but most stuff seems about the same or so. Good prices on consoles tho. $20 for PS1 and $30 for Sega Genesis with all hookups and 1 controller.

I miss the days before EVERYONE knew about eBay. Could get some great deals then. :thumbsup:

atari2600.com is an excellent place to buy carts and manuels. fast delivery too! excellent website with everything organized alphabetically.

Used to buy a bit from them, even my S-video mod'ed VCS when my childhood console broke, but my last order has been a bit of a nightmare: 20 days to ship, 20 days with no response to repeated inquiries. No explanation offered, either. Hopefully, it'll actually show up now that I finally have a tracking #.

Really weird, and very unprofessional. First ever problem, and the last. :(

It's a shame about atari2600.com . The site is great and the prices pretty good if you're not worried about boxes (like me). I have had issues with getting hold of them too though. I sent quite a few emails and messages from the web site and didn't get a single reply. This makes me wary of making any more orders.

Does anyone know if they are an AA member ?

Some of my carts came with the two 2600's I have. I did buy a couple from a used game store for $4 each. and I bought some from a seller in Quebec on eBay. But most of the time the listings on eBay are USA sellers, and the shipping is a killer. They all seem t o want o use the most expensive shipping possible. $16 shipping on ONE cartridge seems pretty high to me. So my collection is not growing very fast :(

I usually get all my games right from folks on here, since my local options are non existent. Always get good deals around here from people, and have never had a problem with communication or titles that don't work. Sometimes from Game Gavel as well. Ordered some boxed games there was was completely satisfied with the sales.

• 5 weeks later...

Where I live and shop (southeast Tennessee and northwest Georgia) there are a few used book stores that carry old games, including lots of Atari 2600 carts. There are also used game bins in the video game stores that have swelled with Atari products lately... I'm not sure why. I use eBay when I can find a good deal. Craigslist is also a source.

I left the hobby in 1987 when I sold my collection of 120+ Atari games and my VCS console. I started acquiring cartridges again in the 1990's, and now own about 150. But I actually paid money for relatively few of them. Usually they come to me as things being thrown out by folks cleaning out closets, attics and garages. When I buy a vintage game I usually pay no more than $5 for a cart, and often less than $1, but I acquire as a player, not as an avid collector. As such I don't chase rarities or variations, or fuss too much about condition, which keeps my costs down. I'd be a collecting fool if I had the budget, though!

http://www.tradengames.com/

These are good folks, good selection, reasonable shipping, accurate photos, well organized. Can't recommend strongly enough.

Also, I have always had decent luck with atari2600.com, but they don't have nearly the number or quality of pics of their items as tradengames does.