IGNORED

160 in 1 and 128 in 1 multi carts rare?

thechallengeofnexar

Hi everyone!

I'm a UK Atari collector and have found some interesting multi-carts with dip switches; two with 160 games one with 128. Any info as far as rarity? would be great, i'm guessing they are not mega rare, more of a quirk but all thee of the carts have mostly rare games on board, rather than the usual cheap hacks like with marples/fantastic game which are pretty boring.

Even "Missile control" Gas Hog" "Save our ship" and many other rare games are on the carts. One is in a tiny box which i thought was cool (attached)

In one of the games you get to see a small boy ride a giant chicken! or is a tiny boy riding a normal size chicken!? that's just one of the mysteries that no one needs the answer to. I think that games aptly titled "Chicken Freeway"

Anyway...I thought you might find them interesting - i also found some unusual Atari clone systems with built in games by Funvision (boxed) and "LAVIS" so will be posting pictures of those soon for all you folks into your PAL oddities.

one clone appears NTSC and has 160 games built in, probably from Brazil.

more to follow..

Antony

post-29974-0-00094100-1338559596_thumb.jpg

post-29974-0-16376100-1338559625_thumb.jpg

Edited by thechallengeofnexar

Many thanks to "Rom Hunter" for the info. This particular 160 in 1 "SUPER" is already listed on the Atarimania database.

I so have a few more that you might need label scans of. Including Atarimana "16 Super Jogos" mine is documented but without a label scan.

Anyone wishing to trade on any of my multi carts? i'm interested, just make some R5+ game offers. PAL Espial would be nice he he ; ) NTSC games are fine also.

I've attached my Atarimania 16 in 1 for ROM Hunter/Atarimania :-D

what a great multi! includes:

Beamrider / Frontline / Jungle Hunt / HERO / Moon Patrol / Moonsweeper / Ms. Pac Man / Phoenix / Smurfs / Subterranea / Vanguard / Zaxxon / Pole Position / Kangaroo / Pressure Cooker / Kung Fu Master

I'll also write a short follow-up about the Atarimania cart as its' very cool indeed.

Antony

post-29974-0-82733700-1338837258_thumb.jpg

post-29974-0-74374400-1338837342_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway...I thought you might find them interesting - i also found some unusual Atari clone systems with built in games by Funvision (boxed) and "LAVIS" so will be posting pictures of those soon for all you folks into your PAL oddities.

one clone appears NTSC and has 160 games built in, probably from Brazil.

Hi all

Not if the cartridge Multigames "Super 2600" is blasil, I can only assure that Spain sold the cartridges with Atari consoles clonic "FunVision" and "OmegaVision".

Currently, continuous selling these cartridges that are of sufficient quality and quantity of the games contain.

Good "funvision" thechallengeofnexar!

Could you confirm that the cartridge Atari 2600 "Super" 160 in 1 only contains 2 switches? because in that case, you can access only 128 games (32 games x 4 banks).

If we open the cartridge 128 in 1 and 160 in 1, we find only 2 switches and similar games, so the reality is that the multi-game cartridge Atari 2600 "Super" 160 in 1 is a real lie.

atari2600_160_in_1.jpg

Edited by tiendaatari

Haha, I love that pic! Got to take a copy for my archives.

I think that answers the rarity question ;)

Hi Tom

This cartridge is not a rarity, except that claims to have 160 games and there are only 128, what is exceptional is the compilation of games that includes. As indicated by thechallengeofnexar, contains titles considered rare (= expensive), even some prototypes or hacked versions (even improved) games. I think this cartridge should not be missing in any collection of a user of 2600.

Edited by tiendaatari

Is it not possible to have more than 32 games on one bank?

Well, I'm no guru on the subject, but you're the games that contain these compilations, agree that everyone has a size of 4KB, so I think that there is some obligation aa having to separate blocks of 128Kb maximum, in cartridge 128/160 to 1, the ROM is 512K, if you divide by 128, gives us 4KB blocks. If someone could give us some more light on this matter would greatly appreciate it.

Hi, just for curiosity, so in these 160 in 1 carts, you have 2 switchs with 4 positions to access to 32 games each one? And I guess to change a game is simply switching off/on the console?

I had another type of 160 in 1 cart, like this:

http://www.atarimani...game_12588.html

These doesn't have switches. I remember It had 2 roms on the board, I guess one of 512K (128 games x 4k) and other of 64K (32 games x 2K , with the same games of 32in1 cart from Atari)

Edited by keitaro

Right! Double ROM, with 128 games (160/128 in 1) and 32 in 1 (licensed by Atari) are what make this cartridge with the "pilot" on its face and cartridge. No need to switch that is linear (and somewhat uncomfortable, imagine you need the game after making 74 and reset 73 times, you forget and you spend the 75 ... : C ) and when the game list ends the first ROM jumps to 1 on the next ROM (32 in 1).

128and32equal160.JPG

Hi, just for curiosity, so in these 160 in 1 carts, you have 2 switchs with 4 positions to access to 32 games each one? And I guess to change a game is simply switching off/on the console?

I had another type of 160 in 1 cart, like this:

http://www.atarimani...game_12588.html

These doesn't have switches. I remember It had 2 roms on the board, I guess one of 512K (128 games x 4k) and other of 64K (32 games x 2K , with the same games of 32in1 cart from Atari)

I have a 256in1 which you have to switch on and off until you get to the game you want to play.... hopefully game no.256 doesn't end up being your favourite ;)

Alternatively I have a 192in1 and a 208in1 cartridge that utilises an on-screen menu like this one: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/93873-help-me-identifying-these-games-from-a-multicart/#entry1140063 quite unique!

wow a lot to read. I only just noticed this thread had more contributions. - thanks :thumbsup:

tiendaatari

*Not all Atari 2600 games are 4k in 1977 most a games were only 2k

2 switch = 4 position x (min)32 games per bank = 160 games. A game like River Raid is 4k but these games are ALL 2k so it is possible for 160 games with 4 bank switch positions?

3D Tic-Tac-Toe

A Game of Concentration

Air-Sea Battle

Basic Math

Basketball

Black Jack

Bowling

Boxing (Activision)

Brain Games

Breakout

Canyon Bomber

Checkers (Activision)

Codebreaker

Combat

Cosmic Swarm (Commavid)

Dragster (Activision)

Fishing Derby (Activision)

Flag Capture

Football

Golf

Home Run

Human Cannonball

Indy 500

Kaboom! (Activision)

Laser Blast (Activision)

Magicard (Commavid)

Miniature Golf

Night Driver

Othello

Outlaw

Skeet Shoot (Apollo)

Skiing (Activision)

Sky Diver

Slot Machine

Slot Racers

Space Jockey (U.S. Games)

Space War

Stampede

Steeplechase (Sears)

Street Racer

Surround

Tennis (Activision)

Video Life (Commavid)

Video Olympics

Hi

A lot of the games you name of 2K, are 32 in 1 from Activision, is the reason why in the 160 to 1 (The pilot) has two roms, one with 128 games and one with 32 (in 1).

I do not know if there are any limitations regarding the management of the games in the cartridge, I will open the 128 in 1 and 160 in 1 to verify that use similar ROM and see the size they have.

wow a lot to read. I only just noticed this thread had more contributions. - thanks :thumbsup:

tiendaatari

*Not all Atari 2600 games are 4k in 1977 most a games were only 2k

2 switch = 4 position x (min)32 games per bank = 160 games. A game like River Raid is 4k but these games are ALL 2k so it is possible for 160 games with 4 bank switch positions?

3D Tic-Tac-Toe

A Game of Concentration

Air-Sea Battle

Basic Math

Basketball

Black Jack

Bowling

Boxing (Activision)

Brain Games

Breakout

Canyon Bomber

Checkers (Activision)

Codebreaker

Combat

Cosmic Swarm (Commavid)

Dragster (Activision)

Fishing Derby (Activision)

Flag Capture

Football

Golf

Home Run

Human Cannonball

Indy 500

Kaboom! (Activision)

Laser Blast (Activision)

Magicard (Commavid)

Miniature Golf

Night Driver

Othello

Outlaw

Skeet Shoot (Apollo)

Skiing (Activision)

Sky Diver

Slot Machine

Slot Racers

Space Jockey (U.S. Games)

Space War

Stampede

Steeplechase (Sears)

Street Racer

Surround

Tennis (Activision)

Video Life (Commavid)

Video Olympics

K, are 31 in 1 from Activision, is the reason why in the 160 to 1 (The pilot) has two roms, one with 128 games and one with 32 (in 1).

I do not know if there are any limitations regarding the management of the games in the cartridge, I will open the 128 in 1 and 160 in 1 to verify that use similar ROM and see the size they have.

Well, once disarmed cartridges (160 and 128 to 1) both with 2 switches; compromamos a rom that is only what they contain and that 512Kb to store games.

Anyone have any idea if is possible to adapt games of different sizes in a game-changing rom by the action of turning off / on?

128in1opened.jpg

Edited by tiendaatari

i'm not sure if this matters but some of the "hacks" have altered graphics (less detail) could this decrease the game from 4k to 3k for example? if the code has been altered.

I think you are right tiendaatari *there's not the exact amount of games that is being claimed. My 128 in 1 has more like 90 games. I'll check my 160 again but its boring work.

It should be possible to fit almost 160 games onto 512k with 48 2k games and the rest 3 to 4 k.

It should be possible to fit almost 160 games onto 512k with 48 2k games and the rest 3 to 4 k.

I honestly do not think the "taiwanese gentleman" that made these cartridges without a license or rights (totally pirate!) Hack would think several games (this requires an advanced knowledge of the subject and the means of two decades ago) to adjust a few tens of Kb to put more games in a single ROM, even so, I think this is not possible (if someone skilled in the area we can help, it would greatly appreciate) mixing sequence of steps in a multicartridge different games, if games are 2KB all games should be, hence, in the cartridge of "The pilot" with 160 games are sequential in a ROM, 128 games, and then jump to another ROM with a clone of Activision 32 in 1, with other measures.

Edited by tiendaatari

tiendaatari

i did not say or indeed imply that the "taiwanese gentleman" that made these cartridges without a license" may of hacked the games himself to reduce the size of certain games, that's crazy :-o

I asked if its possible that hacked games with graphics missing can reduce a games original size but i imagine not by much as you say.

The hacked games on the multi-carts already existed before they were compiled. i'm not suggesting the "Taiwanese bootlegger" hacked the games himself. ;) Some things get lost in translation.