IGNORED

The Official Intellivision Serial Number Database

Rev

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I was just looking through the numbers to see the relative rarity of NTSC consoles and based on the serial numbers here are the estimates I arrived at...

Intellivision-1,800,000

Intellivision II- P2-400,000 P3-250,000

GTE Sylvania-25,000

INTV System III-170,000 (I have one of these)

Radio Shack Tandyvision-80,000

Sears Super Video Arcade-150,000 (hard to get a good number here with all the different model/serial combos)

Super Pro System-170,000

Let me know if my math is off anywhere but I think these are fair ballpark estimates.

• Like 1

I was just looking through the numbers to see the relative rarity of NTSC consoles and based on the serial numbers here are the estimates I arrived at...

Intellivision-1,800,000

Intellivision II- P2-400,000 P3-250,000

GTE Sylvania-25,000

INTV System III-170,000 (I have one of these)

Radio Shack Tandyvision-80,000

Sears Super Video Arcade-150,000 (hard to get a good number here with all the different model/serial combos)

Super Pro System-170,000

Let me know if my math is off anywhere but I think these are fair ballpark estimates.

A few minor mistakes, but overall those are good estimates

• Skipped the PAL Intellivisions for the various regions. While each region is small, when added up the result is ~240,000 more.
  • GTE Sylania - hard to know if GTE released 2 batches that had a gap in serial numbers or if there really were are an additional 468,000 that were made (I suspect the 2 batches, which would make your estimate correct).
  • INTV System III - I agree that the PAL serial number ranges should be ignored for now. There isn't enough data to know where the contiguous serial number ranges are (I doubt there were 718,000 PAL versions made).
  • Bandai - 35,000
  • Digiplay - 22,000
  • Digiplay II - 16,000
  • Super Pro System - Looks like the 'A' serial numbers were missed, which adds 112,000 more (a total of 282,000).

That all said, there are some difficult judgement calls on where serial numbers should be regarded as contiguous versus where there were gaps. Combine that with possible typos in the numbers, it is is hard to get accurate numbers. However, as a ballpark, I'd say the numbers look good.

Edited by Lathe26

A few minor mistakes, but overall those are good estimates

• Skipped the PAL Intellivisions for the various regions. While each region is small, when added up the result is ~240,000 more.
  • GTE Sylania - hard to know if GTE released 2 batches that had a gap in serial numbers or if there really were are an additional 468,000 that were made (I suspect the 2 batches, which would make your estimate correct).
  • INTV System III - I agree that the PAL serial number ranges should be ignored for now. There isn't enough data to know where the contiguous serial number ranges are (I doubt there were 718,000 PAL versions made).
  • Bandai - 35,000
  • Digiplay - 22,000
  • Digiplay II - 16,000
  • Super Pro System - Looks like the 'A' serial numbers were missed, which adds 112,000 more (a total of 282,000).

That all said, there are some difficult judgement calls on where serial numbers should be regarded as contiguous versus where there were gaps. Combine that with possible typos in the numbers, it is is hard to get accurate numbers. However, as a ballpark, I'd say the numbers look good.

The Super Pro System serial numbers should include any "A" serial numbers. I just didnt put the A. I didnt notice any difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for adding me in there for both my original system 1 and boxed IntelliVoice. :-D

I noticed the ColecoVision section needs a little love, I listed 2 or 3 different serial numbers and haven't seen them pop up yet.. :-/

Did you just enter your Intellivision serial numbers or did you enter them prior to Rev's Jan 4 update? I entered a bunch -on- Jan 4 (just missed cut-off) that should be in the queue for his next round of updating.

Thanks for adding me in there for both my original system 1 and boxed IntelliVoice. :-D

I noticed the ColecoVision section needs a little love, I listed 2 or 3 different serial numbers and haven't seen them pop up yet.. :-/

I should have time to add your COleco ones as well.....for some reason VERY few people have added the coleco ones...i need to advertise it more.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...