Rev

The Official Intellivision Serial Number Database

18 minutes ago, Steve Jones said:

Is (or was) that SCART connector a common connector on European televisions at one point?

In France it was from the 80s on mandatory on TVs. So most of the consoles got a special SCART version in France. The Colecovision got such a version too.

German TVs got that connection a bit later too as normal feature.

2 minutes ago, Steve Jones said:

And is it still on new tvs?

My LCD tv still has a scart port. But the newest ones only have hdmi anymore.

SCART put Euro consumer TV tech well ahead of what we had in the US. It was HDMI-in-concept before HDMI.

In the US we were stuck with the three RGB component cables plus an additional pair for analog stereo audio. I imagine things were quite a bit tidier behind European TVs.

But our Intys and Ataris of that period were RF-only. That's quite a leap from RF to SCART for the early 80's.    

Edited by thinkman808
  • Like 1

I just purchased this console with a bunch of games. Console box is Model 2609, serial is 111167. Before I add it to the database, it seems that the box and serial do not match. The owner purchased a GE protection plan. I'm trying to figure out when that box came out (sticker for Poker & Blackjack replaces the intended pack-in, NFL Football). 1980? Catalog is from 1981. Serial also seems from 1981? (Not sure). Maybe faulty console was replaced and kid kept the original box?

IMG_3811.JPG

IMG_3823.JPEG

IMG_3824.JPEG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, didimo63 said:

I just purchased this console with a bunch of games. Console box is Model 2609, serial is 111167. Before I add it to the database, it seems that the box and serial do not match. The owner purchased a GE protection plan. I'm trying to figure out when that box came out (sticker for Poker & Blackjack replaces the intended pack-in, NFL Football). 1980? Catalog is from 1981. Serial also seems from 1981? (Not sure). Maybe faulty console was replaced and kid kept the original box?

IMG_3811.JPG

IMG_3823.JPEG

IMG_3824.JPEG

I see now that the box carries a serial number of 030115. 

@Rev how often do you update the database linked on the first post of this thread? I ask because I submitted my Sears Super Video Arcade several months ago but it's still not listed. I know you're a busy guy but wanted to be sure it didn't slip through the cracks. Cheers. 

47 minutes ago, Jstick said:

What’s the significance of a “C” prefix on the serial number?

C-00543

78270D76-CAE5-4DD5-85D9-0288F4DA5ADF.thumb.jpeg.70f90c1769032e5aecb53f29d97b5dfe.jpeg

Any other pics of the bottom showing where it was made? 

48 minutes ago, Jstick said:

What’s the significance of a “C” prefix on the serial number?

C-00543

78270D76-CAE5-4DD5-85D9-0288F4DA5ADF.thumb.jpeg.70f90c1769032e5aecb53f29d97b5dfe.jpeg

Now that I think about it, C is for Cmart and Canada so probably the safest and best move would be to send it to me for further observations. 😂

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, cmart604 said:

Any other pics of the bottom showing where it was made? 

Apparently made in USA, sticker printed in Canada.

FDA38D56-3B4A-4BF5-B245-63C544EAABD0.jpeg

• Like 1

Eh Doug... says here this Intellivision was made in Canada!

Nah!  Take off!  That's just a sticker printed in Canada, but made for USA you hoser!

Oh...

comic-bob-and-doug-1024x683.jpg

• Haha 2