IGNORED

Your first game rental?

I believe it was Kung Fu Heroes for the NES (we didn't have places rent 2600 games in the day, I'd rent from my uncle's small collection), not a bad start, though my second NES rental was clearly SMB2. Eventually I traded a friend Bayou Billy for it, now years later I still have the SMB2 and another copy of Bayou Billy.

That would be Roadblasters for the NES. I was in 7th grade and came down with chicken pox the day before Christmas break. It was a HALF day of school, and I couldn't even make it until noon. I had to go home early I was so sick. Someone in my family went to a local Mom and Pop video store and rented it for me (it was my favorite arcade game at the time). I spent the entire time playing that and watching solid back to back Get Smart episodes, and the Flynt movies (I liked spys). I felt awful, but had a ton of fun. I got better just in time to go back to school in January after the break (It was 2 weeks to the day). Just my luck, chicken pox, and I didn't even get to miss any actual school. LOL

For me, it was Pac-Mania on the NES. When we heard about Pac-Man in 3D (or a reasonable fascimile thereof), we grabbed a copy of it from the local rental house. It was a fun game.

Rentals didn't become viable for me when we shifted from cartridge systems to CD and DVD-based systems. Optical discs can't take the same punishment from multiple handlers. I know this because I rented Final Fantasy 8 for PSX and was unable to play the second disc.

I used to rent NES games from Blockbuster and I probably started in '89 or '90. I can only remember renting two NES games for sure: Dragon Warrior 2 and Super Pitfall. I'm sure I rented more, but I really can't remember anything beyond these two. It's wierd, but I cannot ever remember renting a Genesis game, but I can't imagine that I actually never did. My last rental would maybe be for the Sega CD. I remember playing Jurassic Park and Dracula Unleashed even though I didn't own them and I had no friends who had a Sega CD. So I either rented them or my older sister borrowed them from some of her friends, probably the former but I'm not sure.

Edited by jeremiahjt

My first rental was Goonies II. I still love that game, it's exactly the type of game I always associate with the NES.

The last rental for a long time was Mortal Kombat for the Sega CD. I had already lost interest in the system but when that came out I decided to try it. It sucked of course.

A few years later I think the last game I ever rented was Driver 2 for the Playstation. That was a fun game to screw around in.

• 1 month later...