Ratchet & Clank All for One

Warhammer 40K Space Marine

Just Cause 2

Saints Row 2

Lara Croft Guardians of Light

Hard Corp Uprising

Choplifter HD

Zombie Apocalypse.

I dont think my hard drive can hold any more stuff.

Hmmm...for 50 bucks a year I can just subscribe to Sony and not BUY any games anymore. Maybe switch back to the Xbox 360 and buy games just for that system and then just subcribe to Sony forever.

Wow, I've worked on two of those games. LOL

Nice deal! Maybe I'll look into that, are they only free for one day?

Have no idea and I cant find it by googling. My buddy called me after work and said I have to go home and start downloading cause he said there was a truckload of PS3 games up for snagging.

I got home piled it in my cart and started emailing friends and posted it here. Sometimes they only do it for a few days.

If they (Sony) would allow me to connect an external HD and download the games there, I would gladly give them 50 bucks a year for the service.

But my HD is already pretty much full and I only have a few games (Rag Doll and two games we got for free after the hacking incident). The rest is game saves and bluray stuff.

All of these games (or most) were posted earlier this week. One of them is 14.1 GIG! I wouldn't even have enough room to download it much less install it! :)

Now this definitely gives me a reason to finally sign up for Plus. I'm hoping they offer free games for the Vita as well, as the library ages.

Hopefully these games will still be available June 25th. I'm running pretty close to my ISP's download cap for the month, so I need to wait for the reset.

Nice deal! Maybe I'll look into that, are they only free for one day?

[. . .] Sometimes they only do it for a few days.

In this case, it's part of the June update, so all the free games should be available to add to your inventory for the full month. PS+ content is mostly constant for a full month, though assorted discounts and freebies can be for only 1 or sometimes 2 weeks. If you want to be sure, just look at the "ending soon" category in the PS Store (within the Store's PS+ section) to see what's going to go away upon the next week's Store update. It comes in pretty handy.

If they (Sony) would allow me to connect an external HD and download the games there, I would gladly give them 50 bucks a year for the service.

Instead of an external drive, have you considered simply getting a bigger internal drive (which would be cheaper than external, anyway)? All you would have to do would be buy a compatible drive (I forgot the specifics, but I think 2.5" wide and SATA?), back up the existing drive to an external USB drive, swap in your new internal drive, and restore your data from that backup you just took. Do that, and you have more free space--of course, you would have to have a large enough external drive on hand to do the backup/restore operation. Maybe borrow a friend's?

Hopefully these games will still be available June 25th. I'm running pretty close to my ISP's download cap for the month, so I need to wait for the reset.

You don't need to actually download the games for them to become part of your PSN inventory. Add them to your basket in the PS Store and check out, and they'll stay in your download list ready for you to install to your hard drive whenever your ISP cap resets (and as long as you're a PS+ subscriber, of course; they'll disappear from your download list if you don't renew, though restarting the subscription will add back any old PS+ content you had). You can add all 12 of the new free-for-PS+ titles today, not download a single one right now, and still have them available to download and play 6 months later, even when they're not part of that month's free PS+ content. And then after that, you could delete the games to make more room on the hard drive and still be able to redownload them again later.

onmode-ky

You don't need to actually download the games for them to become part of your PSN inventory. Add them to your basket in the PS Store and check out, and they'll stay in your download list ready for you to install to your hard drive whenever your ISP cap resets (and as long as you're a PS+ subscriber, of course; they'll disappear from your download list if you don't renew, though restarting the subscription will add back any old PS+ content you had). You can add all 12 of the new free-for-PS+ titles today, not download a single one right now, and still have them available to download and play 6 months later, even when they're not part of that month's free PS+ content. And then after that, you could delete the games to make more room on the hard drive and still be able to redownload them again later.

onmode-ky

Ahh yes forgot about that. Its handy if you finally see something for free and want to grab it but not download\play it yet.

I've been waiting for stuff to be free that I don't necessarily want to buy.

It took all night for most of those games to download for me. I think Warhammer was 14GB.

I have a 500GB hdd that I've had for about 3 years. Down to 210GB right now.

I wonder if anyone has stuck a 1 or 2TB drive in a PS3....

The new PS Plus deal convinced me. Spent over 24 hours downloading and installing everything :)

In Europe we got a different selection of games:

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Chime Super Deluxe

Darksiders

Renegade Ops

Outland

Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD

inFamous 2

Motorstorm Apocalypse

LittleBigPlanet 2

and also forthcoming is "PlayStation Plus Presents...", which is a new indy game that will be up from 8 weeks of being new in the store, starting off with Retro/Grade next month.

Most titles in the US deal will be around for 16 weeks, here in Europe they'll be refreshed at a maximum of 12 weeks, so there might be fewer titles up at any one time over here, but there will be more over the year (a minimum of 45 titles over the next 12 months).

Sony are doing the right thing here, what a great way to revitalise the system, it's userbase and PSN... I'm sure they'll be taking a lot of cash over the next few weeks.

The guy on the European PS blog also had this to say "We know people are keen to see PS Plus involved with PlayStation Vita and are listening closely to your feedback on the subject. That’s all I can say at this time." - sounds promising to me!

Thats sweet...I havent played those and woudn't mind having copies of them.

I think we'll all end up getting the same games, just at different times. R&C & Lara Croft were the two most people here wanted from your list ;-)

If you cancel your service any "free games" become unavailable until you resubscribe. Anything you buy at a discount is still available.

I like the Plus service. I had been wanting to get Choplifter HD and Hard Corps for awhile. Glad I waited.

What happens when Playstation Plus is no longer supported on the PS3 or goes away entirely (unlikely, but not out of the question), or what if you don't want to subscribe to anymore? Do these games just stop working?

Yup. If you don't renew your Plus subscription the 'free' games no longer work. (Sony could raise the PSN+ price at any time) And, when PS3 support is eventually dropped from PSN, all of these 'free' games stop working. So... sometime after PS4 is released Sony can just pull the plug on the free PSN+ library for PS3 to encourage PS4 sales.

It's still an amazing deal for the majority of gamers who buy games, play through, and trade them in. But, if you keep/re-play your older games or enjoy playing games on previous gen consoles these 'free' downloads won't be yours forever.

It's very easy to put a new drive in your PS3, I put a 500 GB in mine a while back. Just make sure you backup your current drive before you do, then restore the backup onto the new drive once it's in place.

How to upgrade your PlayStation 3 hard drive

I have a 500GB hdd that I've had for about 3 years. Down to 210GB right now.

I wonder if anyone has stuck a 1 or 2TB drive in a PS3....

I have a 750gb in my original 20gig BC model. Biggest drive you can physically fit into the machine as of a year or two ago. 1TB laptop drives are usually too tall (12mm instead of 9mm). However, since it's standard SATA, I'd imagine it'd only be a matter of using cables and an external case to plug a 2TB drive in there. Not sure the formatting/partitioning scheme the PS3 uses could handle anything bigger.

• 2 months later...

Red Dead Redemption for free next month.

(Too bad I already own it but I'd rather have a physical\permanent copy of that game anyway cause its really good)

150GB cloud saves is finally bumped up to 1GB.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2012/08/14/ps-cloud-storage-upped-to-1gb-coming-to-vita-getting-red-dead-redeption/

• Like 1

OP, you do realize that absent Sony and their Server combined with the day you loose your HD on your PS3 (if you don't have it installed on another PS3 for backup) = no more game for you? They're giving away licenses to rent the games you listed, not giving away the games you listed.

There's a big difference. But, for all I know, you could be one of those individuals who doesn't care about being able to use/enjoy games years down the road. To each their own and all that jazz.

And how anyone has the patience to dl such big games anyhow is beyond me... not to mention the extra wear and tear that's being put on the already weak HDs Sony elected to use in their systems.

And how anyone has the patience to dl such big games anyhow is beyond me... not to mention the extra wear and tear that's being put on the already weak HDs Sony elected to use in their systems.

It's called high-speed cable internet and background downloading. Not to mention the fact that you don't HAVE to use the HD they include with the system. I have the biggest drive that would physically fit in the machine and it works fine.

• Like 1

There's just too many games, I can't get through them! I'm still only about 3/4 through Deus Ex HR (what an amazing game!) and there's loads of the earlier ones I haven't even looked at yet plus Dead Space 2 and now Just Cause 2. At least I've already completed Borderlands or there would be hours and hours to sink into that one as well :lol:

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Just got a 3 month PS+ subscription card from someone, Saints Row 3 seems to be free to download right now.

That's only 1 of 20 games which are currently free for PS+ members (12 for PS3, 8 for Vita). I adore PS+ and hope they continue supporting it this well in the future.

• Like 1