IGNORED

Chuck D. Head's Gameroom Finally

As you might know, we finally moved into a decent house in January of this year, upgrading from an 880sf mobile to a nice 2,400 sf house that is only a few years old. It has taken a few months, but I was finally able to start setting up my game room in a spare 12'x14' bedroom. I started with a decent recliner and dual reclining loveseat for gaming comfort.

post-26465-0-94738300-1339378882_thumb.jpg

post-26465-0-63605300-1339378890_thumb.jpg

I have three small gaming TV's set up along the south wall; The larger one is on a cheap-ass Ikea table, the smaller two are setup in some really cool barrel-shaped shelving units I got at a local thrift. On top of the barrels are a small TV/VCR w/ DVD on top for enjoying some vintage programming while we play, and on the other one, a turntable for listening to all my vinyl that has laid dormant for years.

post-26465-0-50201300-1339378950_thumb.jpg

post-26465-0-94961300-1339378957_thumb.jpg

post-26465-0-02742000-1339378966_thumb.jpg

I also had a computer desk that was not really something a guy could get any work done at, but perfect for setting up a C64:

post-26465-0-23223500-1339378971_thumb.jpg

When I want to dink around with the Coco, TI or Aquarius, I will swap them in for the C64.

Anyway, I have a functional gameroom with room for four consoles hooked up and three playing simultaneously, which was my goal. The 2600, NES, N64 and Xbox are hooked up now and I have things set up to swap systems in on the fly.

Now I need to start on the shelves, which will line the wall behind the seating. This will include all my carts, DVDs and VHS and will have room for boxed systems and toys up above.

More pics soon........

Edited by Chuck D. Head
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am pretty partial to the Jungle N64. Then my wife bought the Ikea table for my daughter when we moved in and I comandeered it and it just kind of snowballed from there.

Nothing wrong with that. My oldest kid likes green allot. I've been planning to do a Sears Super Video Arcade (INTV) in that color of green for a few years now.

Nothing wrong with that. My oldest kid likes green allot. I've been planning to do a Sears Super Video Arcade (INTV) in that color of green for a few years now.

Green is my favorite color, just not that particular shade of green (a "Luigi Green" would be about right). Hmmm now you got me thinking about a big dye job...................

Love those barrel tables! :love:

Yeah, I had to really bite the bullet on those. They wanted $50 each for them and I couldn't talk them down. I also bought a Coca-cola bottle cooler that they wanted $250 for and got em to knock $50 off the total. The would under the TV's is a piece of butcher block shelving that I cut to match the curve and stained to be inconspicous. Then depending on othe size of the system, I pull it out to make a bigger space and the TV holds it down.

:rolling:

oops.... my rig has around 20 currently. :ponder: I'm not getting any "RJ endorsement" any time soon.

Heh heh, nope. The original idea was to make the game room more of a social opportunity. The center tv is set up for multiplayer stuff on the newer consoles (N64, Xbox, Dreamcast) and sees most of the action from the visitors. But some of my guests would rather play one player stuff and the options are all there for them, including C64 action off to the side. We had five people gaming simultaneously in there over 4th of July; I brought out a little 9" set for my niece to use with plug and plays back behind the seating area.

• Like 2

Heh heh, nope. The original idea was to make the game room more of a social opportunity. The center tv is set up for multiplayer stuff on the newer consoles (N64, Xbox, Dreamcast) and sees most of the action from the visitors. But some of my guests would rather play one player stuff and the options are all there for them, including C64 action off to the side. We had five people gaming simultaneously in there over 4th of July; I brought out a little 9" set for my niece to use with plug and plays back behind the seating area.

That's why I have three myself!

I'm smacking Bowser around like a little bi*ch and watching a football game too! :-D

• 2 weeks later...