IGNORED

Interest/Price Check: Original Atari PONG C-100 in Box (PICS)

Cobradvs

So I have the opportunity to buy an original Atari Pong C-100 which was the first one they made I believe. I won't say the price this seller is asking, but I'm wondering what these things are worth and if there is any interest in it? the pics show the condition and contents. So anyway, is anybody interested in buying one and what are they worth? Thanks!

post-28009-0-76803500-1339447457.jpg

post-28009-0-95786400-1339447465.jpg

post-28009-0-41817500-1339447472.jpg

Edited by Cobradvs

If you'll enjoy it at the price he's asking, then go for it!

However, it sounds like you just want to be middle man to someone here. Nothing wrong with that, but if the price difference is not enough to make it worth your time, why not just post its price and location?

Yeah I am trying to buy this and resell it, I can't deny that. I'm trying to find out whether the venture is actually worth my time. This thing strikes me as the kind of thing that will be a tough sell so I'm trying to see if I can line up a buyer before I buy it myself. I can get it for $50 but I don't know if that's such a good deal now

No more than 50 bucks. I wouldn't even count it as having the box, it's in such poor shape (but I'm not into boxes). It's also missing the ATARI cap that goes on the power switch.

I paid 50 bucks for mine in really good shape a couple years ago. It was one of those situations where I just had to have it and was willing to pay full-on retail.

post-20973-0-95519200-1339468491_thumb.jpg

Yeah I am trying to buy this and resell it, I can't deny that. I'm trying to find out whether the venture is actually worth my time. This thing strikes me as the kind of thing that will be a tough sell so I'm trying to see if I can line up a buyer before I buy it myself. I can get it for $50 but I don't know if that's such a good deal now

I would be surprised if you got $50 for it. Only the super MINT ones are worth anything, otherwise a boxed one is worth $20-$30 on a good day, loose they can be a really tough sale.

The only Pong ever I paid $50 for was my crisp, clean, boxed (minus the manual, d'oh) Super Pong Pro Am Ten. That may be a bad example, though, but not necessarily. At the end of the day, you're paying for some combination of "Gameplay Factor" and "Look What I Have Factor." Outside AtariAge and the classic gaming community (and even within it, really), nobody cares if you have a boxed Pong. And there's no way Pong has $50-worth of utility/play, at least not to me. So unless having a boxed Pong is a big deal to you on an individual level, it probably isn't worth going that high.

I shelled out $50 for my boxed Super Pro Am Ten mostly for nostalgic reasons (file under "Look What I Have Factor;" it counts even if it's to yourself), but also because $50 was a stupidly good price at the time. Probably still is.

• 6 years later...