IGNORED

Prototypes Atari 65XEM, 1400XL and 1450XLD question...

Caterpiggle

I has been trying to plug "Atari 65XEM.rom" and "Atari1400XL.rom" into my Altirra/X64 2.10-test25 on my Window 7 Professional 64 bits,

All I seen are black screen appear. Sometime, I seen green color (same color from self-test background) from 65XEM. Does anyone knew how to port those roms above into my favorite Altirra ? Please contact to the author of this emulator.

Because I really WANT to test V: command with a short program that design for 1400XL. My gut that prototype Atari 65XEM SHOULD be work on the real hardware and also on this emulator !

Please contact me if you have the solution !

:-D :-D :-D

V: for 1400XL needs extra hardware with the speech chip. AFAIK it's not emulated in any Atari emulator and probably not planned to be.

65XEM ROM - can't say I've heard of that. Can you post a copy here?

Aren't the Votrax chips emulated by MAME and others? It could probably be added without too much trouble.

XEP probably used the same old Rom as existing machines.

But if the disk drive was PBI attached it'd likely have a handler within the device that does the different I/O.

No point emulating this. And on real hardware we have new fast interfaces, even for floppies.

But if the disk drive was PBI attached it'd likely have a handler within the device that does the different I/O.

No point emulating this. And on real hardware we have new fast interfaces, even for floppies.

I think it was also meant to have a 3.5" drive - but does that necessarily mean different firmware (just asking)? What was required to convert the XF551 to a 3.5" drive, the new casing, or new chips, or both?

You need to make a few code changes in the ROM when you use a 3.5 drive. That's about all.

Bob

I think it was also meant to have a 3.5" drive - but does that necessarily mean different firmware (just asking)? What was required to convert the XF551 to a 3.5" drive, the new casing, or new chips, or both?

Can you be kind to upload 1450XLD.rom and be sure you add ".BIN" at the end for upload only.

ATARI_ROM_1450XLD.zip

In the zip are 2 different ROM versions:

----------------------------------------

ATA_R03X.ROM = ATARI 1450XLD O.S. Rev. 3 1984 (1)

Match: 1450R3V0.ROM (Freddy Offenga)

CRC32: 0D477AA1

ATA_R03Y.ROM = ATARI 1450XLD O.S. Rev. 3 1984 (2)

Match: 1450R3VX.ROM (Freddy Offenga)

CRC32: D425A9CF

Does anyone have the actually rom of 65XEM ?

You've asked this multiple times in multiple threads and always got "there is none" as an answer. How much confirmation do you need?

Wow , many thanks! :) for Atari1450XLD rom !!!!! First time ever I got the real rom as downloadable. I know there are 2 different version 1450XLD there. My tread ,that I would be happy to send a photo of the real Atari 1450XLD at Las Vegas (Vintage Computer Expo), NV in 2009 to you (To FOX-1). Will work on "Atari800" emulator ? I already have downloadable 1400XL rom.

Please forgive me to ask many threads about 65XEM because I thought it is there "AMY" chip as rom.

• 1 year later...