IGNORED

PSP 1000, 2000, 3000 & Go- any difference for emu?

toptenmaterial

I currently have a PSP 1000 running 6.39 pro B firmware. Emulation has been buggy. The smoothest has been GBA, the NES emulator begins adjusting screen position by itself, and the framerate on SNES- for all games- is dreadful.

So: What is the solution? Are there optimal emulators for that firmware? And do later versions of the PSP with higher RAM make a real difference? Thanks.

Emulation on the PSP is not even close to perfect. You're not going to notice any difference between the different PSP models, with one exception. The PSP 2000 and later have more RAM (64MB vs 32MB), which can be helpful with loading large ROMs in MAME.

Emulation on the PSP is not even close to perfect. You're not going to notice any difference between the different PSP models, with one exception. The PSP 2000 and later have more RAM (64MB vs 32MB), which can be helpful with loading large ROMs in MAME.

So the only real difference is load time?

I currently have a PSP 1000 running 6.39 pro B firmware. Emulation has been buggy. The smoothest has been GBA, the NES emulator begins adjusting screen position by itself, and the framerate on SNES- for all games- is dreadful.

So: What is the solution? Are there optimal emulators for that firmware? And do later versions of the PSP with higher RAM make a real difference? Thanks.

I have a 1000, friend has a 2000. I believe the 3000 and the Go are tougher to hack, but don't hold me to that. For smooth(er) SNES play, you gotta set the emulator to overclock the CPU to 300MHz. Standard is 233 or 266MHz and doesn't cut it. Maybe set a slight frameskip, too. No idea why your NES emu adjusts screen position without you telling it to, sounds like maybe you need a better emulator.

I'm running a PSP 1000 with 6.39 PRO B10 and I haven't noticed any emulator issues...

What specific emulators are you running? Thanks.

I take that back... I can't get MAME4ALL to get past the game settings screen, but until a few weeks ago I hadn't even tried running MAME4ALL in years so I have no idea which firmware I was using when I had it working.

These are the emulators I am curently using:

• PSP2600
  • Colempsp
  • Jum52
  • PSPve
  • PSP7800
  • NesterJ
  • SMSPSP
  • DGEN Lite
  • HandyPSP
  • PicoDrive
  • UO SNES9X
  • REminiscence
  • GPSP

I'm running a PSP 1000 with 6.39 PRO B10 and I haven't noticed any emulator issues...

What specific emulators are you running? Thanks.

I take that back... I can't get MAME4ALL to get past the game settings screen, but until a few weeks ago I hadn't even tried running MAME4ALL in years so I have no idea which firmware I was using when I had it working.

These are the emulators I am curently using:

• PSP2600
  • Colempsp
  • Jum52
  • PSPve
  • PSP7800
  • NesterJ
  • SMSPSP
  • DGEN Lite
  • HandyPSP
  • PicoDrive
  • UO SNES9X
  • REminiscence
  • GPSP

Yep. PSP-1000 here, running all of these emulators above, smooth as silk. Also - I'm running an older 5.00 GEN-B CFW, and have the system permanently overclocked to 333MHz on all emulators.

So, I went into the settings of Snes9x and found that the clock speed had been set to 300 MHz. Scrolling has been pretty shitty up to this point. So I set it to 333 MHz, which is the highest its allowed to go I guess.

There are a bunch of other settings here, and I am wondering what they mean and what their effect on performance is. Stuff like: smoothing, speed stretch limit, speed limit fps (wondering if I should turn that one off), frameskip, vsync, gamma correction. How are you guys setting these features? Thanks.

I switched the clock speed on nesterj to 333, and there are no scrolling issues. Extremely close to console quality. However the display mode constantly changes (4.3, mirror etc).

Do you mean that it keeps changing while you're playing a game, or that it's different for different games?

^^ I meant that I'll be playing a game- any game- and after about ten seconds or so the screen starts doing acrobatics. My first thought is to delete and reinstall the nes emulator.

SNES still runs like shit playing Super Mario World after adjusting to 333 MHz. However, the NES emulator runs perfectly after setting it to 333 MHz.

Sorry about this turning into my personal blog of shame.