IGNORED

How about a Kickstarter project - Pitfall 3?

Byte Knight

Similar but not infringing? That's easy enough. Check out the storyline and characters from my Super Pitfall homage:

Gameplay

Pitifall Larry is on a quest to obtain the Ralf Diamond. Alas, whilst Larry is adventuring a mysterious group has captured his niece and used magical poison to turn her into stone! To further complicate matters his Niece's Pet Lion Kittyclaw was captured! Find the key to release Kittyclaw from his cage. Obtain the Ralf Diamond. Retrieve the antidote and cure Larry's Niece. Once all of these items have been completed visit Larry's Niece to win!

IMO the best bet for a "sequel" would be for someone to do a game inspired and playing similar to the predecessors but not infringing on any existing rights.

Maybe sooner than you think, but for the 7800... :ponder:

-John

I hate to do a shameless plug, but some people here may not follow the other forums so closely.

My game inspired by Pitfall is now up in the 7800 forums, if anyone wants to give it a try:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/200199-get-lost/

-John

• 2 months later...

I was just listening to the RGR podcast and they did an interview with David Crane! He's got a real Kickstarter project going right now for his game Jungle Adventure, which will be a PC/Mac game at least for now. Unfortunately it does not look like it will get to goal with only a short time left. In the RGR interview, he promised a 2600 version of the game if they got to goal so we need some wealthy people to pledge some big bucks quickly!

I heard about that kickstarter the other day. I was suprised I didn't hear anything about it till the very end. They really messed up not getting the word out on it early. I would have put some money down, but there is no point now. Maybe they will start it up again later.

I agree that they did a poor job promoting this. The retrogaming community would be his biggest supporters and we didn't even hear about it until it was too late... David needs to get back on here!

I agree that they did a poor job promoting this. The retrogaming community would be his biggest supporters and we didn't even hear about it until it was too late... David needs to get back on here!

Would be nice if Al got a story/link to this in the AA homepage, and / or stickied a thread about it in the forums as well..

-B

Would be nice if Al got a story/link to this in the AA homepage, and / or stickied a thread about it in the forums as well..

Unfortunately, a notice on the AA homepage probably wouldn't have done much good. It hasn't been regularly updated in a long time, so I doubt that very many people are still checking it. All of my bookmarks take me right to the forums.

Unfortunately, a notice on the AA homepage probably wouldn't have done much good. It hasn't been regularly updated in a long time, so I doubt that very many people are still checking it. All of my bookmarks take me right to the forums.

I plan on updating the front page more frequently after the Portland show.

While it would have been nice to put this on the front page, I doubt it would have made a serious dent towards the $900,000 goal.

..Al

I was just listening to the RGR podcast and they did an interview with David Crane! He's got a real Kickstarter project going right now for his game Jungle Adventure, which will be a PC/Mac game at least for now. Unfortunately it does not look like it will get to goal with only a short time left. In the RGR interview, he promised a 2600 version of the game if they got to goal so we need some wealthy people to pledge some big bucks quickly!

This has been on AA for a month or so

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/201359-david-crane-jungle-adventure-kickstarter/page__st__75__hl__+crane%20+kickstarter#entry2599874

This has been on AA for a month or so

http://www.atariage....er#entry2599874

Wow, I totally missed that. Glad to see David was here on AtariAge trying to promote it. I donated but it will be too little too late... Maybe there will be some good to come of this by moving up his return to the 2600!