IGNORED

New game: Traffic Jam for the Atari Lynx

Ninjabba

Greetings fellow Lynx addicts!

Together with Willard I've been working on a new puzzle game for the lynx, based on the popular board game Rush Hour. For this project we have decided that we will be sharing playable betas of all of our significant updates, including the final version of the game.

The ROM we'd like to share with you today is only 5% complete and represents our first milestone- a playable demo. This demo shows the perspective and graphical style that we will be using, but some graphics are still placeholders and many planned features are missing.

Future updates will include more variation in graphics, sounds, time attack and saving functionality. We will post major updates in this thread as the game develops, and will also be creating a feature that details the development process and ultimately will include the source code. If you encounter any bugs while playing this game please be sure to notify me through PM and we will work to iron it out.

Thank you for your attention. Attached is the 5% complete alpha as well as a promo shot that shows some currently unimplemented ideas :)

PS. Most of you probably know me from working on on my big project DragonSaga. At times I need to have a break from it for my own sanity :) its still going strong though.

PPS. Beta Phase Games is still working on brigning their upcoming Lynx and Jaguar projects out, but thought it would be fun to take a short break to focus on an original development that can be shared with the community as it is created.

post-22942-0-98028800-1340215218_thumb.png

TrafficJamDemo.zip

Edited by Ninjabba
  • Like 4

maybe you can made it a bit harder by adding a timelimit or movelimit or let the player choose - also its an idea to save the level that are done like i did in the special edition of Yastuna2. Where i can see what levels are already solved and i can start at the point i miss one.

Very cool, thanks for bringing yet another game to the Lynx! I'm curious which language you have coded it in, I'd love to develop for the Lynx myself eventually. I think it would be cool if there was a collection of smaller homebrew games on one cartridge that we could buy.

I'm curious which language you have coded it in, I'd love to develop for the Lynx myself eventually. I think it would be cool if there was a collection of smaller homebrew games on one cartridge that we could buy.

Its programmed in C with some additional borrowed assembly. The source for this game is very similar to that of Peg Solitaire. The sources for that one are posted in the programming forum and comes with everything you'd need for a game :)

I guess a cart with multiple games makes a lot of sense, but I only have 2 small ones so far. I'll have to think of something else... but for now I'm back to my endless fights with dragons.

Nice! I love these games. We made the same sort of game for the ST and called it Clogged Up - MrPink was crazy for those Binary Arts games, he had the lot.

Thanks for sharing!

haha nice one! I really like the line "You play Clark the clog, dutch footwear with attitude!."

Ultimately the game should have multiple graphical settings with some small animations. The moving cursor will definitely be included in the next big update.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings fellow Lynx addicts!

Together with Willard I've been working on a new puzzle game for the lynx, based on the popular board game Rush Hour. For this project we have decided that we will be sharing playable betas of all of our significant updates, including the final version of the game.

Hi Ninjabba,

I owed you a reply and compliments for this game. I played it, loved it and was wowed by the completeness of it. I just cannot believe this is just 5% complete. Actually, I can, but it would mean so much for the end result it is beyond comprehension.

Keep up the good work. I can imagine the break from the RPG game. Been there (a lot of times). It must be rewarding to get this up and running.