IGNORED

Incognito board preoder

candle

current status is, that bios code stable and running flawlessly, the same goes for Jon's PBI driver (i belive, right Jon?).

Correct - currently at the "polishing" stage, so we might save time for the end-users by getting the most current BIOS flashed before the boards ship? In any case, any unforeseen PBI problems further down the road can be rectified via updates, and without special equipment.

Candle: No problems from this side of the Atlantic (well, other than a pesky hurricane). This is a hobby for all of us, and we all understand that Real Life must sometimes take priority (I'm hoping to install my second Ultimate 1Mb sometime before Christmas this year, but it's looking unlikely).

With the Rom JED files soon to be coming out for U1mb upgrade, and I think the Incognito software is getting close to being finished up, I was wondering if there will be another update released for the Beta Test Incognito boards, with all the updates? No Rush, just had not seen the question asked.

Best Regards

Robert

i've added support for ATR mounting using side loader (it will be included and accesible right from bios menu screen)

in my todo list:

add status line (to allow boot with or without basic enabled) (pbi and loader related)

add some help screens for both loader and bios

test all boards and program them

ship them out

• Like 1

Please feel free to send mine LAST. I am in NO HURRY, still haven't installed the last upgrades I got from you, and would rather have the latest and most advanced features/firmware/whatever. Don't take this to mean I don't want mine; I DO!!!! I just see no point in rushing you, and from my end - since I am not in a hurry anyway - there's a likelihood of getting the best features in the end. Frankly, I don't have time to fool with my A8 stuff right now, but I KNOW there are days (presuming no mortality over here) ahead when I will.

:)

i've added support for ATR mounting using side loader (it will be included and accesible right from bios menu screen)

in my todo list:

add status line (to allow boot with or without basic enabled) (pbi and loader related)

add some help screens for both loader and bios

test all boards and program them

ship them out

will you release rom updates for the ultimate 1mb with those new options ?

Please feel free to send mine LAST. I am in NO HURRY, still haven't installed the last upgrades I got from you, and would rather have the latest and most advanced features/firmware/whatever. Don't take this to mean I don't want mine; I DO!!!! I just see no point in rushing you, and from my end - since I am not in a hurry anyway - there's a likelihood of getting the best features in the end. Frankly, I don't have time to fool with my A8 stuff right now, but I KNOW there are days (presuming no mortality over here) ahead when I will.

:)

I'm in the same camp, you can ship mine later as well.

i'm not going to postpone anyone's shipment

when it will start, i'll complete it as soon as possible, without making delayed shipments - i do have all boards soldered and on my place, all i need is some time to get software side done

currently i have two deadlines comming - 20th and 22nd of november

one is 8 layer board with arm cortex a8 on it, second is just two layers, but 300x190mm in size and in set of three - so called ACR (for idustrial motor control) - just for 60 amperes

so it goes that i'm either working or asleep, but i do manage to push things forward

updated list

i can't take any more orders unless someone will cancell - there is 109 laminates, 1 is in reserve just in case, 8 are reserved for original beta-testers, and remaining 100 were for sale

this week i'll assemble emulation cables (to be plugged into Z101 socket) and start testing boards i have assembled

i've received 99 assembled boards from assembly house i can test, remaining few wait till 512k sram chips will arrive

Jon promised me a PBI bios for incognito board with all features of its U1MB counterpart ported by this time tomorrow, so there is nothing that prevents me from finnishing this now - it already takes too long

Edited by candle
  • Like 5