IGNORED

Incognito board preoder

candle

Hi,

get ntsc one - they are quite easy to convert - you need broken pal unit of any kind, xl preferably

Looking in this thread at old messages... that´s why answer to this post now.

I´ve done this way also. Buy a relative cheap NTSC 800 (mostly it´s cheaper to buy one in the U.S. and pay shipping to europe than buy a PAL 800 here in europe) and get the CPU board seperately from BEST Electronics. BEST sells the whole PAL CPU board (with 6502C CPU (CO14806) , PAL GTIA (CO14889) and PAL ANTIC "D" (CO14887) onboard) for 15 USD. You only need to purchase together with the CPU board the PAL system crystal (3.546 MHz, ATARI partnumber CO16112) for 1.50 USD.

Change the crystal, change the CPU board and all is done. If you want to use the RF modulator output, you´ve to adjust the coil L2 for sound output (here are differences between PAL and NTSC). That´s all.

Juergen

Sorry if this isn't the best place to put it-- but I don't see anything in the FAQ--

Regarding the Incognito board (mine is on the way)-- Is there any place that has a full feature list/use instruction? I know about the install docs and the demo video, but wondered if there was any FAQ specific to it, as I don't believe I know what all it will do, despite the fact I've bought one!

Finally took the time to install my Incognito last night, fired up on the first try, no problems. Going to mod the A800 Power LEDs with the Incognito display LEDs and convert the power light into the control button per Candle's little hack from a few months back. Love it, just gotta ask though what're the end-all/be-all utilities I should be looking at for setting up everything? fdisk? matr?

Yeah, I'm getting that. Stupid one, how to you get into the Incognito Menu? I haven't hooked up the LEDs/programmer button yet. Also do you need to prepare the CF card ahead of time? fdisk is giving a read error when I try to open or initialize the disk.

Thanks much

Also do you need to prepare the CF card ahead of time? fdisk is giving a read error when I try to open or initialize the disk.

FDISK will only report "read error" when it can't communicate with the IDE hardware. So - two options: problem reading the card (bad card, some other unexpected IDE error), or the PBI (SIDE hardware) is disabled in BIOS.

Can you check the BIOS settings?

FDISK will only report "read error" when it can't communicate with the IDE hardware. So - two options: problem reading the card (bad card, some other unexpected IDE error), or the PBI (SIDE hardware) is disabled in BIOS.

Can you check the BIOS settings?

I'll do that once I get home. Chances are the side wasn't on. The cf card was brand new. Thanks for your help. Gonna make a PDF of all this stuff.

• 2 weeks later...