IGNORED

Incognito board preoder

candle

I got my package today also just did a straight swap with the [beta release] plug for plug CF card and all is working like a champ..

Thanks to Candle & the other betatesters.

As a preview of your other install page....

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/198309-incognito-install/?do=findComment&comment=2527419

Edited by rdea6

If you have SpartaDos X enabled, after it boots to the drive prompt, just type CAR to run the cartridge...

Unfortunately that just usually returns 'not present' or for some reason in the case of Donkey Kong the screen flashes with garbage and returns an inverse %

With SDX off the machine will either just go right to memopad or XL self tests with a cartridge in. I suppose I should note that before the installation the 800 ran carts just fine.

After reading about the problems with Cart's on this thread, I started to check out some of my Cart's also. And none of them seem to run either at boot time nor typing CAR at the prompt ---not present--

Did your Cart's work with the Beta board ?

Yes...

Ok, I was asking rdea6 because he said his wiring to P5 was pins 2,3,4,5.

Were Stephen was 1, 3, 4, 5 which was what I used to install.

So, how is yours wired ? I looked at Photos from Stryker and wiring on the 2 pads is different from Stephens on the pad to the front of MB.

Ok, I was asking rdea6 because he said his wiring to P5 was pins 2,3,4,5.

Were Stephen was 1, 3, 4, 5 which was what I used to install.

So, how is yours wired ? I looked at Photos from Stryker and wiring on the 2 pads is different from Stephens on the pad to the front of MB.

According to the schematic, as well as Candle's "in-progress" instructions, my pin assignments are correct.

Sorry candle - re-posting this snippet from your info:

\[b]Making connections for auxiliary header P5[/b]
This is essential for true XL/XE compatibility, as there are signals you need to tap in that are not present anywhere else in the system. These are:[list]
[*]pin #1 - HALT - nessesary for ANTIC extended memory access (so called CompyShop mode)
[*]pin #2 - IRQ - required by some PBI devices
[*]pin #3 & 4 - RD4 and RD5 - controlling cartridge port in XL/XE series (mandatory)
[*]pin #5 - RNMI - that becomes our RESET line (mandatory)
[*]pin #6 - RDY - another signal required only by some PBI devices
[/list]
Please see the picture for tapping points for all these signals.