IGNORED

Incognito board preoder

candle

NOT untill we get the ROM and the flasher....

Phew... tough crowd. ;) Incognito in pictured 800 has the same ROM it shipped with (program simply loaded from the "1065" behind the monitor), and it's only in the last day that I've received the equipment necessary to do anything to change this (Atari 800 and USB PLCC programmer being two essential ingredients). I believe the flasher should be coming soon (although it's out of my control), and I'll welcome this too, since I don't savour the prospect of having to lever the flash chip out of the PLCC socket every time I make a change to the PBI code. Fortunately Avery has implemented Ultimate 1MB in Altirra for us, and this will hasten the completion of both PBI ROMs.

Edited by flashjazzcat

What kind of mouse is that? That looks like one of those ST/Amiga switchable mice. If so, which mode do you have it in?

Yeah - it's a "TecnoPlus" ST/Amiga switchable mouse. It's in ST mode, but either mode will do (unfortunately - since I haven't implemented drivers yet - the particular build of the GUI needs to be matched to the mouse type).

Yeah - it's a "TecnoPlus" ST/Amiga switchable mouse. It's in ST mode, but either mode will do (unfortunately - since I haven't implemented drivers yet - the particular build of the GUI needs to be matched to the mouse type).

I was about to ask this question too.

It seems that if you took an old Amiga mouse, particularly one that has yellowed a bit with age, then took the mouse buttons (they are on a aspirate plastic bit) and painted them the same high-tech 70's orange as the Atari's function keys, you’d have a mouse that looked like it went with the original Atari 800.

• 2 weeks later...

did you mount the HD in the same area as the Incognito ? and having the CF card installed, does the 2 work togeather ?

The PBI HDD is integral to the Incognito - the CF card is right on the board. ;)

I assume you're talking about the external PBI: I tried IDE Plus with that and it worked fine, but I'm not sure what the practical ramifications are of using the internal HDD alongside an external adapter - especially since they'd both incorporate the "master" IDE device.

Edited by flashjazzcat

Gradually rebuilding the SIDE page: the scope has broadened somewhat...

Here's the third draft of the tech documentation for the APT API, which will apply to Incognito, Ultimate 1MB, SIDE and a few more interfaces when I get around to finishing and uploading all the files.

http://www.atari8.co.uk/side/SIDE_U1MB_Incognito_APT_API_Tech_Docs_(Draft_3).pdf

if all goes well, i'll start testing and programming assembled boards by monday, and by the end of comming week i should start shiping them out

i'm confident that even at the state we have right now it is safe to do that without delaying the shipments even more

what is not done yet, it will be easly upgraded by end users using just software, no tools required

• Like 7

SInce Jon's (FlashJazzCat) PC dropped dead, and he has no LPT port right now, i'm waiting patiently (well... almost patiently) for Jon to get his PC up and running again, so he could test last JED file i've sent him - this is essential, as i've added PBI ATR change button support to the hardware

This prevents me from programming all boards that i've received from assembly house (and this amount covers all paid orders) and shipment

Sorry for the delay, but all i really can is sit put and wait :(

Sebastian

ps. spiflash.org was infected with some badware code, i've found few javascripts that were affected plus few php files, that resulted in google and stopbadware.org adding my site to their blacklists

site is clean now, and i've asked them (both google and stopbadware) to run site check and finally to remove spiflash.org from their blacklists, but it will take some time - till then, preorder list is offline :(

• Like 1

To clarify: new board has COM and LPT headers but no risers for these, and a combined PCI backplate could only be sourced from HK (which I hurriedly did while ordering parts for the new machine after discovering LPT port on old computer was dead). However, to try and speed progress, I've also ordered an LPT port backplate from a UK dealer as a stop-gap measure, and hopefully this will enable progress to be made this weekend.

Frustratingly, this would have all been taken care of last Saturday were it not for the unforeseen technical problems this end. So - apologies from me too. :(

• Like 1