IGNORED

NEW GAME RELEASE

Clay

Why do you guys keep calling it Scramble ?

'cause that's what it is.

Wasn`t Super Cobra first ?

Whether it was first or not, it's still Scramble :P But nope, that's the sequel to Scramble.

Or are you implying that Super Cobra on A800 was just a clone of some other clone (e.g. Scramble) ?

Nobody mentioned A8. Scramble is an arcade game by Konami, 1981. Super Cobra is an arcade game by Konami, released later in 1981, based on Scramble. Both games have been remade and rebooted on many platforms, including Vectrex and xbox360.

Degz is our version of the 1981 arcade game by Konami, Scramble, on our 1993 hardware, The Jaguar.

CJ saw Pac Man Plus' Atari 7800 version, chatted to him about it, PMP gave CJ some assets and infos and he got to work.The game also includes the layout of the Stern version (high scores are activated for memory track when you play this).

Big thanks to PMP!

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 3

Cool. Thanks for info. I played Super Cobra on A8, that`s why I referenced it.

I loved the game at that time (though never finished) ! I`m guessing this plays the same and is as hard ?

Great job guys !

EDIT : heh, sh3-rg - you just posted your 666th message :)

Edited by VladR
  • Like 1

Is there going to be an easter egg in this game also? While I never found it in your other game it is a cool add in that keeps you playing. Now that the easter egg has been revealed can tell us how to find it or at least some hints?

• Like 1

Is there going to be an easter egg in this game also? While I never found it in your other game it is a cool add in that keeps you playing. Now that the easter egg has been revealed can tell us how to find it or at least some hints?

We've been dropping hints here and there, on twitter and facebook. There will also be a hint on the website. I could give a hint here, too, but it probably shouldn't be so obvious... or maybe I CBA ;-)

Air Strike felt and played quite differently. I think I liked Super Cobra because of the helicopter (and probably because there was one popular helicopter-based sitcom at the time)

I'm guessing you are refering to Air Wolf. but that's not a sitcom (situtation-comedy), it was and action drama...I could be mistaken, but I don't recall any situation comedy ever centering around a helicopter...there was 'Wings' in the early 90's that was a sitcom, but that was an airport with airplanes.

Edited by Gunstar

Air Strike felt and played quite differently. I think I liked Super Cobra because of the helicopter (and probably because there was one popular helicopter-based sitcom at the time)

I'm guessing you are refering to Air Wolf. but that's not a sitcom (situtation-comedy), it was and action drama...I could be mistaken, but I don't recall any situation comedy ever centering around a helicopter...there was 'Wings' in the early 90's that was a sitcom, but that was an airport with airplanes.

The TV series Blue Thunder was on around the same time too. I used to watch both religiously during their short runs.