IGNORED

Work In Progress: "Bentley Bear: Crystal Quest"

PacManPlus

Beating this game with Lord Thag on Bobs birthday was the best way to honor him for me. A great game, and a review will be coming. Wow, color me impressed with what the 7800 can do. As Lord Thag mentioned above, Lord Thag and I just had the best play though of a game that I can remember. Amazing game. Hands down for me the top title for the console.

• Like 3

I really dug Crystal Castles back in the day, I'm gonna need this one! :lust:

Or maybe two! I've lost the 7800 to the kids for the afternoon, it appears. :)

My eight year-old's review: 'if I met the author of this game I would tell him what a neat game it is! Are there zombies? Why do I have to kill the Nasty Trees?'

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

BentleyBearBeat

I finally beat Crystal Quest! It was well worth the time and very satisfying! (Now I need to go back and find the secret level!)

I'm quite certain I used more continues than that, though!

What a fun game! Thanks to all involved!

Cheers!

Edited by XM05ES
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Crystal Quest on tomorrow's (Fri May 7, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 4

• 5 months later...

I'm finally getting off my lazy butt and trying to get the latest 7800 homebrew as well as older 7800 homebrew games running on the latest version of retroarch MAME... also known as ( MAME Current ) :lol: .  Anywho the version I'm currently tinkering with is 0.237.  Which of course means editing the friggin a7800.xml file.

I've managed to get this game to run and with music but poor old bentley is invisible and when I move him where his character should be is a rotating range of garbled characters.  I'm just trying to figure out if I have my ROM slot settings incorrect or if it is an issue with MAME itself.

Any bites on this?  ;)  :P 

33 minutes ago, Shannon said:

I'm finally getting off my lazy butt and trying to get the latest 7800 homebrew as well as older 7800 homebrew games running on the latest version of retroarch MAME... also known as ( MAME Current ) :lol: .  Anywho the version I'm currently tinkering with is 0.237.  Which of course means editing the friggin a7800.xml file.

I've managed to get this game to run and with music but poor old bentley is invisible and when I move him where his character should be is a rotating range of garbled characters.  I'm just trying to figure out if I have my ROM slot settings incorrect or if it is an issue with MAME itself.

Any bites on this?  ;)  :P 

I can't help you much with MAME, but if you are looking for emulation options, I'd suggest giving A7800 a look, which is a MAME branch or BUPSystem. Those are probably more up to date.

Argon is also pretty good as is JS7800 on most things. Just avoid ProSystem ;) 

12 minutes ago, Muddyfunster said:

I can't help you much with MAME, but if you are looking for emulation options, I'd suggest giving A7800 a look, which is a MAME branch or BUPSystem. Those are probably more up to date.

Argon is also pretty good as is JS7800 on most things. Just avoid ProSystem ;) 

Thanks.. but the dilemma I am in is that I want to run this on something that I have a controller for and that connects off of my TV ( like my Xbox One ).

Unfortunately as you stated the ProSystem emulator which used to be the cream of the crop is now no longer such.  Retroarch is the only other emulator commonly supported on the systems I use ( hooked up to the TV ) which unfortunately means dealing with the main MAME branch and whatever deficiencies it may have.

• Like 1