IGNORED

Work In Progress: "Bentley Bear: Crystal Quest"

PacManPlus

I had a chance to see and play this on real hardware today at the PRGE...way more impressive than on Prosystem. Kevin was there today and was able to show us some of the things he has learned from playing BB and the hidden level. Really awesome work Bob!!!

BTW, the new cart board is coming along and should be ready soon. Hopefully Curt continues to make good progress on the XM. The test unit ran all day today without any issues!

• Like 5

Thank you very much :)

I have a prototype of that new 256K board which works well, as well as getting the fully populated 565 board (i.e. Jinks) to finally work with the 128K/16K combination with 200ns eproms. For some reason, the 339 board didn't like them. :-/

Thanks again,

Bob

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I first saw a video of this about a year ago, I think. I thought it was very impressive, although your run-through of the first couple of levels had me worried to its difficulty. Now having read the thread since then I'm so relieved, and so pumped about seeing this come to fruition. This and the XM are really going to make my 7800 a beloved console.

(Also, posting to ensure I don't miss updates!)

That manual is awesome. I like especially how it says that you can beat the game. I wish they all stated that - it's motivation to keep going. Really psyched to play this - I've avoided it in emulation the whole time so I wouldn't spoil it for myself. I know from all I've read that it is going to be fantastic. Could be Bob's best work, we shall see! Thanks again Mr. DeFuckincrazymotherfuckercrenchenzo.

• Like 1

That manual is awesome. I like especially how it says that you can beat the game. I wish they all stated that - it's motivation to keep going. Really psyched to play this - I've avoided it in emulation the whole time so I wouldn't spoil it for myself. I know from all I've read that it is going to be fantastic. Could be Bob's best work, we shall see! Thanks again Mr. DeFuckincrazymotherfuckercrenchenzo.

Perhaps... its gonna take alot to top Failsafe :grin:

Hold it - I removed the bins above... KevinMos3 found a bug on level 6-5 that I need to repair.

Also, I think I have a new 'loader' routine (the routine at the end of a frame that updates the sprites), that will allow for *7* enemies on the screen with no slowdown (instead of the current 5, with some slowdown). This will allow people to see some objects that may have been hidden before due to the number of enemies on the screen at the time. But the big thing to me is the 'no slowdown' part. I need to test it on the real thing, and try to play through the entire game (after fixing the above issue) to make sure nothing gets corrupt first.

If that works well, I will post the next RC7 some time this weekend. If not, we'll go back to the old loader with the bug that Kevin found fixed.

Thanks,

Bob

• Like 2