IGNORED

Work In Progress: "Bentley Bear: Crystal Quest"

PacManPlus

Here's the last batch. Remember up to Level 3 was "completed". Level 4 doesn't have much after Round 1. There’s one setup of a ramp/step-up, then just the castle wall background until reaching an 'end' with nothing further at this point.

post-18-0-86291200-1342923483_thumb.pngpost-18-0-48407300-1342923495_thumb.pngpost-18-0-95472100-1342923507_thumb.png

post-18-0-36672900-1342923518_thumb.pngpost-18-0-70282200-1342923529_thumb.pngpost-18-0-32914900-1342923540_thumb.png

post-18-0-92082600-1342923551_thumb.pngpost-18-0-67436000-1342923563_thumb.pngpost-18-0-60499200-1342923574_thumb.png

post-18-0-86818800-1342923617_thumb.pngpost-18-0-38496800-1342923628_thumb.pngpost-18-0-58217700-1342923637_thumb.png

post-18-0-43947100-1342923643_thumb.pngpost-18-0-73150000-1342923652_thumb.pngpost-18-0-70034500-1342923665_thumb.png

post-18-0-56941400-1342923678_thumb.pngpost-18-0-71857600-1342923690_thumb.pngpost-18-0-10969700-1342923701_thumb.png

post-18-0-29199900-1342923735_thumb.pngpost-18-0-35644900-1342923747_thumb.pngpost-18-0-91089300-1342923758_thumb.png

post-18-0-94780600-1342923770_thumb.png

saweet, a mario looking level... can you burst the blocks with your head :grin:

but if you could do would we really need another mario game? Maybe a sonic level?? A way of going really fast and fight things like tmnt surf level now that would be cool!!

Please forgive me if this has already been brought up, solved, or implemented. After reviewing older youtube video...is there going to be different weapons? I immediately think of ghouls and ghosts when I see the gameplay. How many different weapons are going to be an option in the final version? So far, what an amazing addition to the 7800 library...best of luck!

• Like 1

Please forgive me if this has already been brought up, solved, or implemented. After reviewing older youtube video...is there going to be different weapons? I immediately think of ghouls and ghosts when I see the gameplay. How many different weapons are going to be an option in the final version? So far, what an amazing addition to the 7800 library...best of luck!

Your shot gets more powerful as you collect additional powerups as you get farther in the game.

-Jeff

Your shot gets more powerful as you collect additional powerups as you get farther in the game.

-Jeff

you need the powerups in some places of the game its really difficult without them.

Thanks again, guys for the kind words and the compliments. :)

This game looks amazing. It's probably one of the best looking plat-formers for the 7800 so far. It plays really well too. PacMan Red has done an outstanding job with the sprites.

I wonder if it might be cool to have an intro "story" screen that explains the goal of the game, perhaps as part of the attract mode. A lot of games do this in the manual, but doing it in-game might add polish to the game. For bonus points, you could do screenies with text captions. :P

A thought, though certainly you have a lot of stuff you're stuffing into that 144k.

Thank you :) It all depends on how much space is left when the game is completed. Honestly, though - it's not looking good, as I still have to do sounds and I don't have as much space for them as I thought (the data for music takes up quite a bit of ROM space.

What an interesting spin off for Crystal Castles! I can't wait to play this on my 7800.

Thanks! The original idea came from Spiffyone and VicViper in another thread (I gave them credit for 'Head of creative initiative' on the splash screen in the game). ;)

After thinking I wanted to do a 'Pitfall III' of sorts, I read about that idea and thought it was too good to pass up.

I am done with level 4, and am halfway through level 5. We're getting there, slowly but surely.

Thanks,

Bob

The problem is the boards. AFAIK there are no boards to support >144K games. The "Tainted Love" Demo only worked on a CCII, unless someone out there made some hack of a 'Jinks' board somehow... Which still is not practical when making more than a few copies of a game.

Is it possible to make a +144k game for the 7800? I thought I seen a guy with 512k with a music thingy going on utube?

It's very much possible (there are 512K demos on my Cuttle Cart at the moment). Just a matter of someone building them. They still access the data in small banks on a 6502 system anyway.

@Trebor: the 'tv effect' from your captures are made by an emulator? Or there are edited later?

All via MESS and HLSL turned on. A slew of options to fine tune once enabled. From the shots you'll notice I like rich saturation and stronger contrast. Here are some of the values you are able to set along with the other 'typical' video options:

brightness

contrast

gamma

hlsl_prescale_x

hlsl_prescale_y

hlsl_preset

hlsl_snap_width

hlsl_snap_height

shadow_mask_alpha

shadow_mask_texture

shadow_mask_x_count

shadow_mask_y_count

shadow_mask_usize

shadow_mask_vsize

curvature

pincushion

scanline_alpha

scanline_size

scanline_height

scanline_bright_scale

scanline_bright_offset

scanline_jitter

defocus

converge_x

converge_y

radial_converge_x

radial_converge_y

red_ratio

grn_ratio

blu_ratio

saturation

offset

scale

power

floor

phosphor_life

yiq_enable

yiq_cc

yiq_a

yiq_b

yiq_o

yiq_p

yiq_n

yiq_y

yiq_i

yiq_q

yiq_scan_time

yiq_phase_count

...if possible, release Pitfall 2 (5200 version) for the 7800, music and bonus stage!

Heck, I'd "settle" to just having the second part of Pitfall II brought over to the 7800. Shame only the 5200 version had the second part despite Pitfall II being ported to numerous other platforms. I know 'why' it is the case, but still a shame.

...if possible, release Pitfall 2 (5200 version) for the 7800, music and bonus stage!

Heck, I'd "settle" to just having the second part of Pitfall II brought over to the 7800. Shame only the 5200 version had the second part despite Pitfall II being ported to numerous other platforms. I know 'why' it is the case, but still a shame.

nooooo, not the second part of pitfall 2! that was so darn hard !!

This is an excellent game, congratulations to everyone involved ;-)

The only thing that 'bothers' me is the animation of Bentley...

I think the animation (of the bear) runs too fast like he is in fast forward unlike the other creatures,

and his head doesn't need to move left and right constantly, observe the animation of wonderboy to see what I mean !

I hope you don;t take this the wrong way, good luck for the future.

Thanks, guys :)

I have completed the following:

- All of the 'main' levels of the game (still need to do the 'secret' level)

- The 'Boss Witch' gets more aggressive with each level (before she was the same every time)

- Made some 'tweaks' to some of the levels.

Being that I am now unable to go to the CGExpo in Vegas, I will release a bin here once I have a little more done.

@kigiam - the speed of the animation is directly proportional to the speed that the object travels (player or enemy). If you notice, the animation speed of the skeleton is slightly faster than the animation of the tree (for example) - that's because the skeleton moves slightly faster than the tree. The player, moves very fast while running. If you walk (i.e. don't hold down the 'B' button) the animation is slower.

Also, funny you should mention the head moving, as PAC-MAN-RED noticed that in the very beginning and was going to change it, but I actually liked it. :) Maybe we should re-visit that.

Thanks,

Bob

• Like 2

Hi....

Unfortunately things are going to progress more slowly, as my CCII just died. It was one I had fixed about 5 years ago (replaced the tiny, tiny chip directly below the MMC slot, but the traces are too small for me to see now.

I can't wait until the Harmony 2 comes out. :(

Bob

Hi....

Unfortunately things are going to progress more slowly, as my CCII just died. It was one I had fixed about 5 years ago (replaced the tiny, tiny chip directly below the MMC slot, but the traces are too small for me to see now.

I'll send you my CCII so you can use that for development.

..Al

• Like 7