IGNORED

Anyone know what size screws will work in a N64?

I have a N64 with missing case screws (the ones on the bottem of the system that hold the thing together) I found that I can order replacement security screws, but before I did that, I was wonderinging if anyone knows if (and what size) I can stop buy Lowes or Home Depot and pick up more standard type of screw? I don't have one to take and see if I can find a match, and I'm havning no luck finding the info via google.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Your best bet would be to take the top of the case (and possibly the bottom) and go to a store that deals with screws and use the trial and error method. I looked around and only seen the head size and not the diameter and thread count. I don't know if a carts screw would have the same diameter and thread count as the systems case (but it will be shorter) to go by.

I doubt you can buy them at Home Depot or Lowes. Smaller screws like this you will need to get from a specialty screw place. I have bought from MicroFasteners and Fastener Express. Trust me after dealing with the screws for the different system carts, since I deal with the EverDrives, I feel your pain trying to find right size screws. It took me a lot of research and a bit of trial and error. There are plenty of places to tell you how to measure screws. You will probably need a digital caliper to measure them accurately though. I would just buy replacements from where ever you can get them.

Edited by StoneAgeGamer

http://www.nintendor...-Security-Tool/

That's what you need. By going to Lowe's or Home Depot or any other place of the sort, you're only going to get frustrated. That's not the el cheapo black metal bit that strips out after a few uses, either. Good luck.

I believe he is talking about the actual screws, not the security bits.

http://www.nintendor...-Security-Tool/

That's what you need. By going to Lowe's or Home Depot or any other place of the sort, you're only going to get frustrated. That's not the el cheapo black metal bit that strips out after a few uses, either. Good luck.

I believe he is talking about the actual screws, not the security bits.

There's screws available on that site too. :thumbsup: