IGNORED

35% of Gamers Prefer Buying Games Online

Mendon

I"m sure newer pinball games will pop up that make Pinball FX look primitive.

I have Pinball Fantasies on the Atari Jaguar which was great for its time but there's little reason to go back to it, no matter how fond the memories were. Heck, a reboot of Spider-Man just came out with the previous series having its last movie only 5 years ago. Total Recall is almost out even though the original was great!

To me it sounds like you're saying that when something has a rehash come out, why would anyone ever bother with the original? Why play Call of Duty 3 when BO2 is coming out? Why read Stoker's Dracula when another author wrote their own version recently? That sounds a lot like the insatiable Call of Duty generation mentality than that of a true gamer.

I"m sure newer pinball games will pop up that make Pinball FX look primitive.

I have Pinball Fantasies on the Atari Jaguar which was great for its time but there's little reason to go back to it, no matter how fond the memories were. Heck, a reboot of Spider-Man just came out with the previous series having its last movie only 5 years ago. Total Recall is almost out even though the original was great!

To me it sounds like you're saying that when something has a rehash come out, why would anyone ever bother with the original? Why play Call of Duty 3 when BO2 is coming out? Why read Stoker's Dracula when another author wrote their own version recently? That sounds a lot like the insatiable Call of Duty generation mentality than that of a true gamer.

I'm not saying why bother. But the numbers bear out. People play Gears of War 3 rather than 2 or 1 because 3 has the better graphics, more features to handle more players, more game modes, etc. It basically keeps whatever was great about Gears 2 and 1 and incorporated them. Except for the story campaign of course. In fact, when we have 4 people wanting to play the story campaign together, we can't do that with Gears 2 or 1.

Same thing for Modern Warfare 3 and 2. No one goes back and plays MW or the older CoD games.

But pinball has even less of a reason to go back. You can go back to old games for their stories. But pinball has no story. Newer pinball games are more true to life, have more complexity than old ones, and have more features. Heck, I'm going to upgrade all my Pinball Hall of Fame tables to the Pinball Arcade tables.

I myself like a physical copy of a game. Because you can play them on another machine if you have to replace one.

but you can do that with a digital copy as well. I've downloaded a digital copy to each of my 360 machines. And if I go to a friend's place, I download it there as well.

Only because your overlords permit it... for now.

• Like 2