IGNORED

Degz - new game released for Jaguar

sh3-rg

Just had a quick blast using PT and I keep dying, Jesus am I really that bad? Will try it on the real thing when I next have access (makes it sounds like a child I share custody over). Sound doesn't work in PT, which is a shame as I was expecting some deafening TFX-like effect for some reason. :)

Really nice work guys, kudos for once again commiting to release the source too!

• Like 1

Just had a quick blast using PT and I keep dying, Jesus am I really that bad? Will try it on the real thing when I next have access (makes it sounds like a child I share custody over). Sound doesn't work in PT, which is a shame as I was expecting some deafening TFX-like effect for some reason. :)

Really nice work guys, kudos for once again commiting to release the source too!

Give Virtual Jaguar a try - recent builds have been much easier on system resources and the game was written with it so works perfectly ;-)

• Like 3

A little Atari-Age exclusive for all you old timers ;-)

Degz autofire version!

(Not tested on real hardware, and done in under 2 mins, so gimme a break if it doesn't work!)

I had to swear at him and be sworn back at to make this happen, I know how to Push. His. Button. (erm, not in a weird way :lol: )

TWO SEMICOLONS!! I had to type TWO SEMICOLONS. Do you know how much effort that was?????

thanks for the semicolons!

• Like 3

Where's the cover, please? I can only click on the CD label..

Are you using IE browser? For some reason those links seem weirdly offset in IE, possibly other browsers. I'll look at it.

EDIT: Try that, I removed some weird formatting junk. Chrome and others didn't mind it, IE had a sulk :)

Edited by sh3-rg

Seriously dude, wtf? It's Scramble. Were you expecting Mass Effect?

Oh, come on - I didn`t mean it in any bad way - you surely don`t need to be pissed ;-)

I was just curious - I never finished the game on A8, so I don`t really know how long it is.

But, yeah - a 30hrs-long campaign (ME-style) would have been nice :)

Wait, what? You are making a Mass Effect game for Jaguar!? :rolling:

You may be laughing, but the Planet Exploration part is perfectly doable on Jag in a top-down perspective.

Here`s a very tiny part (I`m guessing, from the screenshot, probably 8x8 km) of my Streaming Terrain component

http://www.avenger.s...ern09_27_03.jpg

I could easily just render the terrain from a top-down perspective in my 3D engine and store it offline as regular 2D tiles and load it on Jag as you`d progress (with, say, 5x5 screens precached upon start, or more depending on how much one could keep in the memory). The CD could have 600 MB of [procedurally precalculated terrain] bitmaps. With, say, 30 planets, that is 20 MB per planet and even uncompressed, that would be around 20x15 screens to explore per planet (and 10 times more with BPEG compression).

I`ve got quite a lot of space-theme 3D assets(e.g. stuff like : http://www.avenger.s...creenshot03.jpg ).

Rendering them top-down and storing as bitmaps is no biggie either.

I don`t know about you, but I spent about 100 hrs in MassEffect 1 exploring all the planets and searching for all the artifacts. Way, way more than the actual storyline, which just seemed to get in the way and slow things down..

And the best part is, that compared to the story-line (which is extremely heavy on the art assets/cinematics), the production cost [of generating the planets procedurally] would be roughly 1% :)

The gameplay code would be just driving around and picking up stuff (and an occasional fight) :)

Oh, and I forgot about the 2D galaxy screen, where you`d pick up missions. Really complicated, indeed :)

Just because Jag died young and beautiful doesn`t mean it couldn`t handle slighly more complex games...

Where's the cover, please? I can only click on the CD label..

Try here then: http://www.yaronet.c...l=&s=146080&p=5

I posted them in a dedicated topic to DVD sleeves and Cd covers for Jag homebrews.

just go to the bottom of that page to find them all.

As a bonus (or malus depending if you find it cool or ugly :D) there is an earlier and third version of CD cover based on a screenshot of the game.

Edited by Felyx
  • Like 1