IGNORED

Degz - new game released for Jaguar

sh3-rg

Was the sideways Degz logo during gameplay a stylistic choice or due to a constraint?

The gfx at the sides are just something to fill gaps. The game play area is exactly the same width as the ardcade game... black borders are boring... simple as that. I could have drawn the logo the same way up as the title screen, in fact in an earlier build I had that on the right of the screen. It was a bit cramped and pixelated, so I dumped it.

Try running the Degz video side-by-side with the xbox 360 port of scramble on youtube, you'll see a very similar setup. The width of terrain displayed is exactly the same size and speed throughout the level in both games - the same as the arcade game. The 360 game had some nice spacey graphics with some other layers of random stuff, I chose to stick a logo in there 'cause, well, just because ;-)

I'm not sure there's much point analysing Degz in any great detail, it is what it is - a port of a 1981 arcade game that takes advantage of the Jaguar in few ways, but is another by-product of Raptor development and another tutorial game that will be simple to follow and learn from :) Some people think that's all RaptoR is capable of... hehe... a few people have seen a bit more... :lol:

• Like 6

I am glad to see new games comming out but are they any games that take advantage of the Jag hardware?

All jag games take advantage of the hardware. They'd be pretty dull if they didn't put anything on the screen to interact with ;). This game is using the 68K, the GPU, the DSP, the object processor, blitter and controller interface. Not forgetting the RAM and CD or cart connector. That is pretty much all of the jag hardware being used.

• Like 6

I am glad to see new games comming out but are they any games that take advantage of the Jag hardware?

If you mean that you want something that is more "3D" and using texturemapping and such, just look at the thread here in this forum about the game TUBE. But remember, most of these homebrew games are made by one man or just a few man development teams with a game development budget of $0. Don't expect too many Jag games of commercial, high-budget quality, there weren't too many of those even when the Jaguar was a new, supported machine. There are a couple of that quality in the works, but the development time is in years and years due to small development teams, small or non-existant budgets and the people making them have real day-time jobs/careers too.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 3

OK, some people found it... seems our 'CBA' hints were too obvious...

nya2.gif

Hold those three buttons on the Raptor/U-235 screen and wait for the music...

Continental Basketball Association (CBA)? :D

I always thought it meant Controlled By *ssholes. (not implicating anyone here)

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

Oh, you mean the AA Jaguar forum in lockdown by the Reboot militia? ;-) that's what some people would have you believe :lol:

Oh nyan you didn't!

|:)

• Like 1

Oh, you mean the AA Jaguar forum in lockdown by the Reboot militia? ;-) that's what some people would have you believe :lol:

Time to come clean...I was refering to the Tramiel's and why they have the button order C-B-A. :twisted:

Time to come clean...I was refering to the Tramiel's and why they have the button order C-B-A. :twisted:

I couldn't possibly comment... now where's that .png..

Does that mean I broke the code and passed "the smarter than most Jag-off's test" and am in the secret fraternity?

• Like 2

Does that mean I broke the code and passed "the smarter than most Jag-off's test" and am in the secret fraternity?

"Jag-offs"? :lol: I'll have to add that one to the list!

There's only one secret fraternity and it's by invite only. I'm not holding my breath for mine :P

• Like 6

"Jag-offs"? :lol: I'll have to add that one to the list!

There's only one secret fraternity and it's by invite only. I'm not holding my breath for mine :P

I might already be a member of that one. But I don't attend the meetings.

• Like 5

There's only one secret fraternity and it's by invite only.

And the strange smells and maniacal ranting coming from its basement hideaway should probably be a good indicator for folks to steer clear.

I was once a member of that so called "forum"...

So ill call it like it is.... its more of a boys club where they jerk off to bashing of reboot among other people of the community. Truely worthless i can say. All i saw were rantings about reboot and anyone development wise being inferior compared to the owner of the site.

However, i requested my account deleted as i didnt want to be part of such stupid shit any longer. and i was promptly banned for "hacking" because apparently visiting the site using two different ip addresses (very common today folks, one for home and another for work) is considered hacking as per "all mighty" Gorf... I think the real reasoning behind it was that i wised up to all the bullshit and didnt drink the punch....

$10 says...they all see this post and blabber about it furiously (seems to be how it went in the past...)

Anyhow,

tumblr_lkx2xh7vj01qgspbgo1_400.png

Edited by rush6432
  • Like 8