IGNORED

It's the Red Baron!

simbalion

FInally, I have found one! Thought I wasn't going to be able to get this, but because of a helpful family member and a glitch the machine developed, I came home with this nice unit for $300. It was my missing out on an upright one of these that got me started on my mad dash of arcade game collecting. I'm basically a poor person in a richer person's game. Anyways, onto pictures!

This game has been like a holy grail to me and to find a cockpit is beyond my wildest dreams. :D

post-8339-0-31623200-1341019079_thumb.jpg

post-8339-0-09234700-1341019141_thumb.jpg

post-8339-0-78312200-1341019325_thumb.jpg

post-8339-0-41076300-1341019446_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Well, I definitely love it. I do need to sort out the issue it developed though. I let it get nice and cooled down this evening and tried it out again. The monitor will briefly come on, look a bit garbled, then blink off. Does this rythmically and as it does that, there is a rythmic thrum, thrum, thrum from I think the high voltage box. I'm hoping this just means a monitor rebuild. It has the Wells Garner monitor in it instead of the Electrohomes my two Battlezones have. I guess that was an alternate monitor.

Back in the early 90's I worked for a car wholesaler in Orlando. He had a bunch of old trailers in the back and when I looked in one there were several old arcade machines. The one that stood out was a sit down Red Baron... Of course I never thought much of it. Guess I should have bought it off him back then...

I loved that game way back when. Never saw a sit own cabinet though...

Not surprising. I guess only 300 to 500 of those cabinets were made. Really sad when you think Cedar Point tossed on of thiers out into the weather for a Halloween display and another guy told me of finding one that someone had used a chainsaw to cut in half. Actually, I should call and see if he has any of the parts left this fall.

Thanks for the link! I was about 5-6 years old at the time that came out, but I think I was already being awed by the arcade games sitting in the stores around here. It also reminds us how colorful the games and technology was back then! Even the black and white vectors really stand out. Anymore when I look at a gaming magazine, all I usually see are dark, gloomy themed and looking games. How things have changed over the years, and not always for the best!

• Like 1

• 7 years later...