roadrunner - 11

Torr - 2

LarcenTyler - 2

zylon - 9

skosh - 6

BillyHW - 1

Jess - 5

SUMMER VACATION! YAY! :D

Anyway, The player controls a helicopter using guns and missiles to destroy enemy tanks, helicopters, etc, to save his home country. Levels are in both a top-down or third-person perspective view. The boss levels are in the top-down view. The game also introduced the use of force feedback, where the joystick vibrates.[1] The game's plot and setting resembles the 1983 film and 1984 TV series of Blue Thunder.

Deadline - Next Sat.

Edited by BioForceApe

How come I haven't gotten any points for the last few rounds? :?

This week's selection is a tough one for both the player and the system. This game was just a bit too ambitious for the existing hardware then IMO.

Eww, it's like that awful scene from Gunstar Super Heroes, except it never ends! AUUUUUUGH! (jumps out the window)

Anyway. I don't think I'm going to be spending much time with this one. However, I do have a few tips for this:

* In the overhead scenes, your helicopter is HUGE and an easy target for the fleets of aircraft that flow out from the top of the screen. Stay at the bottom to give yourself enough time to dodge their attacks.

* From what I've seen, there seems to be set patterns for the ship formations. Learn them so you can take out the helicopters as they appear.

* You can only fire one bomb at a time. Launch one the MOMENT you see a tank on the top of the screen, to give yourself enough time to take out the other three or four.

* In the first-person scenes, you've got a lot more bombs at your disposal. The moment you see tanks on the ground, pump that bomb button to clear a path through the tanks on the ground.

* Tanks are your worst enemy in the first-person scenes, spitting out dozens of bullets. Flying in a wide circular motion helps shake their lock, but it isn't guaranteed to keep you alive.

* After playing Thunder Blade, play a better Master System game to wash the nasty taste out of your mouth.

post-393-0-35127500-1341162852_thumb.png

How come I haven't gotten any points for the last few rounds? :?

Depends on how high your score is.

Looking at the early rounds, 1st got 2 points, all other places got 1. has the system changed mid-season? :?

Mostly I think each point depends on how much high a score is.

so when is there 2 replys from the same person, and one score is low and one score is high, they get 2 or more points depending on their posts.

now that was much confusing to you, but you will never get it right.

Edited by BioForceApe

This is going to be a battle of endurance, I think. People will have to pit their egos against the fact that they'd rather eat cardboard than play Thunder Blade.

By the way, this reminds me of F-15 City War for the NES. And what a city game that was!

post-393-0-32196000-1341276229_thumb.png

Edited by Jess Ragan

But I can. :) 170,000

This is a frustrating game to play, especially if you've played another version before. Early on in my collection, I only had a few games and this was one of the few. it did get a fair amount of play back then.

post-25215-0-82679900-1341452865_thumb.jpg