IGNORED

Questionable Negative Feedback

roadrunner

About a month ago someone won 2 Atari 7800 systems. 1 unused 1 used for $258.00

The buyer left negative feedback saying

"Console not unused as described. Was used and placed back in wrapping."

The 1 unused has the original packing, reading the auction it sounds new.

The reason this sounds questionable is this,

This is the sellers only negative feedback.

The buyer has a history of leaving a bunch of neutral or negative feedback and getting alot of full or partial refunds and reselling

alot of the things he gets refunds for.

He already resold 5 Atari 7800 systems with games and 2 Atari 2600 systems with games.

Who's side are you on, the buyer or the seller?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1209212110051?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120921211005&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Edited by roadrunner

I don't get it, why are you posting this? How would any of us know who is in the right here? How would we ever know if this buyer tried to resolve things first or if this seller is a liar? I just don't know what the point of this is unless you are the seller.

About a month ago someone won 2 Atari 7800 systems. 1 unused 1 used for $258.00

The buyer left negative feedback saying

"Console not unused as described. Was used and placed back in wrapping."

The 1 unused has the original packing, reading the auction it sounds new.

The reason this sounds questionable is this,

This is the sellers only negative feedback.

The buyer has a history of leaving a bunch of neutral or negative feedback and getting alot of full or partial refunds and reselling

alot of the things he gets refunds for.

He already resold 5 Atari 7800 systems with games and 2 Atari 2600 systems with games.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1209212110051?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120921211005&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

• Like 1

I think everything i posted speaks for itself.

All the Negs and neutral feedback he left, all the refunds he got, the things he resold.

The guys a scammer.

He outbid me for 2 driving controllers. He left the seller Neg feedback saying they don't work.

He resold them as part of a 7800 system lot saying everything was tested and works.

He never did buy another driving controller.

You do the math.

• Like 2

So a high volume buyer couldn't possibly have a problem with multiple sellers misrepresenting the condition of something? A buyer/reseller also can't possibly buy anything outside of Ebay? How do you know he didn't have other controllers that he resold? While this buyer might be a jerk and possibly even dishonest, you haven't posted any real proof and it seems as though you are fixated on this guy for some reason. If you had a personal interaction with him or had some way to verify what you are claiming is true, it might be helpful, but sadly Ebay has lots of bad buyers and sellers in the video game category, so I don't see the point of opening a new thread for each one. I also looked at his feedback left for others unfiltered by your tool and of the last 100 feedbacks he has left, it looks like 95 of them are positive and only five are either neutral or negative. That's not a bad ratio and I wish more buyers would leave honest feedback and stop screwing other buyers by just either not leaving any feedback or giving a positive for something that really was a problem.

All the Negs and neutral feedback he left, all the refunds he got, the things he resold.

The guys a scammer.

He outbid me for 2 driving controllers. He left the seller Neg feedback saying they don't work.

He resold them as part of a 7800 system lot saying everything was tested and works.

You do the math.

Edited by bojay1997

So a high volume buyer couldn't possibly have a problem with multiple sellers misrepresenting the condition of something? A buyer/reseller also can't possibly buy anything outside of Ebay? How do you know he didn't have other controllers that he resold? While this buyer might be a jerk and possibly even dishonest, you haven't posted any real proof and it seems as though you are fixated on this guy for some reason. If you had a personal interaction with him or had some way to verify what you are claiming is true, it might be helpful, but sadly Ebay has lots of bad buyers and sellers in the video game category, so I don't see the point of opening a new thread for each one. I also looked at his feedback left for others unfiltered by your tool and of the last 100 feedbacks he has left, it looks like 95 of them are positive and only five are either neutral or negative. That's not a bad ratio and I wish more buyers would leave honest feedback and stop screwing other buyers by just either not leaving any feedback or giving a positive for something that really was a problem.

The guys a scammer.

You do the math.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

That person just seems shady.

The auction where he resold those driving controllers expired from ebay so i should saved some pictures. :evil:

He has left 20 Negs and 11 neutrals, for the comments he never try to solve the situations, he just left negatives (and a few times he left negatives afer a refund) This kind of buyer is better to block and forget about it.

I agree, this sounds like the kind of person who leaves feedback if the item, in his mind, doesn't exactly match what was described in the auction, even if the description is accurate. And he leaves negative feedback before even contacting the seller. He's left 31 negatives and neutrals in just over two years--that seems pretty damn high to me.

..Al

I don't get it, why are you posting this? How would any of us know who is in the right here? How would we ever know if this buyer tried to resolve things first or if this seller is a liar? I just don't know what the point of this is unless you are the seller.

Perhaps so AtariAge members who are also Ebay sellers can add that asshole to their "blocked" list. Wouldn't that be reason enough? Did you read the post (above) by edintv, where you can see all the negative feedback?

He has left 20 Negs and 11 neutrals, for the comments he never try to solve the situations, he just left negatives (and a few times he left negatives afer a refund) This kind of buyer is better to block and forget about it.

I agree, this sounds like the kind of person who leaves feedback if the item, in his mind, doesn't exactly match what was described in the auction, even if the description is accurate. And he leaves negative feedback before even contacting the seller. He's left 31 negatives and neutrals in just over two years--that seems pretty damn high to me.

..Al

Dishonest or not, The Negatives ratio and the comments sorounding the negatives are enough for me to consider this a buyer worthy to be blocked. He is also a seller and he knows what a negative or a low Dsr n(normally they come togheter) can do to your Ebay account. So he is doing it with all the bad intention. Issues can rise in day to day transactions for mistakes (we are only humans) and accidents and most buyers do not read the listings, Like this guy, with very bad results. The seller must be judge with the way he solve the problem not the problem itself.

if he left so many negs - how come it dosen't show on the ebay feedback page?

Exactly. Why is this Toolhaus external link not matching up to the buyer's feedback left for others results? I think this is just a case of a jealous person who got outbid and is looking to smear the person who outbid them. I'm sorry, but mining data on buyers who you haven't had any experience with is ridiculous. If you are a seller who had an issue, that'a a different story, but this is pure speculation.

if he left so many negs - how come it dosen't show on the ebay feedback page?

The negatives are there, the toolhouse page only filters all the feedback to show the bad ones. If you browse the feedback left page by page and you will find them.

After browsing through his feedback left, I can understand this guy's reasoning for leaving what he did. For example:

iconNeu_16x16.gif Good item. Bottom taped on. Can't really tell in picture & not in description :(

-- (#160614840107)

I'm sure people hate me for it, but I do the same thing. Neutrals aren't negative strikes on a seller's account, so it's a way of getting the point through without causing them damage to their overall rating. In situations like this, I don't want a refund--I want sellers to do a better job of listing their items so this doesn't happen to begin with. For instance, I purchased a long-box PS1 title a couple months ago. It was slapped into a bubble envelope and the case was cracked pretty badly in transit, and to add misery to punishment, the disc looked like it was scraped along concrete. It was listed as "Very Good/Like New". Even if the case arrived in great shape, the disc would have been screwed up, something the seller should have caught before listing (and noting in the auction).

Now, asides from a couple of those exceptions, I can't say I agree with this buyer at all. Taking a look at his feedback, he has some that just make no sense at all.. Granted, these are old, so I can't take the original listing into consideration:

iconNeu_16x16.gif Nice, but much bigger than what I expected. -- (#270607431363)

Wait--What? :rolling:

iconNeu_16x16.gif Was a low grade stereo - selling it to a friend. -- (#370403939455)

Really? Blaming the seller for a low quality product? That makes no sense. Do some reasearch before buying.

iconNeg_16x16.gif The gauge I received is bigger than what I ordered.

• Reply by propiercing (Dec-10-10 06:04): Please contact us before leaving a negative, we can help correct most issues

-- (#390265801837)

Now I'm one to try to drive a point home, but honest mistakes do happen. If the wrong item is received, it's always good to contact the seller first. Often times they will send you another one without hassle, sometimes not even asking for the extra back. They deserve a positive without a doubt.

*edit: OK, now that I look back at it, I don't know what the point was in making this post. :lol: In reality, I don't know the buyer, OR the situations well enough to make a judgement. Leaving negatives after receiving a refund directly from the sellers is shady though. I would do a neutral at the lowest if I got my money back (it depends on how 'positive' the experience felt).

Edited by Austin

Perhaps so AtariAge members who are also Ebay sellers can add that asshole to their "blocked" list. Wouldn't that be reason enough? Did you read the post (above) by edintv, where you can see all the negative feedback?

Maybe we should start a thread with this type of buyers. The reason for leaving a negative should be a valid one, not because you are in a bad mood that day.

• Like 1

Again, I have no issue with people contributing to a bad buyer block list, but the way this whole thing is being handled is ridiculous. Most of the negative or neutral feedback the guy left is for auto parts, is for stuff he never received and from sellers no longer registered and is over a year old. With the exception of the negative for the 7800 (which appears to have been accurate since the buyer didn't respond to the negative) and a couple of neutrals for other minor problems, his feedback is all positive for sellers. Is this guy picky? Maybe, but there are a lot of bad sellers out there who misrepresent the condition of items and the buyer is stuck either with an item worth less than they paid or having to pay out of pocket to send it back. Ebay is a two way street and singling out someone nobody here has even dealt with simply because the OP is being a baby about being outbid is absurd.

Maybe we should start a thread with this type of buyers. The reason for leaving a negative should be a valid one, not because you are in a bad mood that day.

• Like 1

Again, I have no issue with people contributing to a bad buyer block list, but the way this whole thing is being handled is ridiculous. Most of the negative or neutral feedback the guy left is for auto parts, is for stuff he never received and from sellers no longer registered and is over a year old. With the exception of the negative for the 7800 (which appears to have been accurate since the buyer didn't respond to the negative) and a couple of neutrals for other minor problems, his feedback is all positive for sellers. Is this guy picky? Maybe, but there are a lot of bad sellers out there who misrepresent the condition of items and the buyer is stuck either with an item worth less than they paid or having to pay out of pocket to send it back. Ebay is a two way street and singling out someone nobody here has even dealt with simply because the OP is being a baby about being outbid is absurd.

I only see 2 Not longer registered users and the other item not received neg was from a seller in Canada that afterwards received several positives, so i guess there was an issue with the mail or customs. I also read many comments about Video games, and you can´t check the Items after 90 days.

Other proof about his character:

iconNeg_16x16.gifChanged description & pictures of item after I bought it. Doesn't fit my tools. (That is not possible)

iconNeg_16x16.gifThe product smelled like Pine-Sol. I REFUSE to use their version of tea tree oil (really, order Tree Tea and you do not like that smalls like Pine? is a tree, you know.)

iconNeu_16x16.gifDidn't need it. Buyer doesn't accept returns. :( (Don´t need it, do not order in the first place. I´m sure the not returns part was described in the listing)

Most of the sellers had a very healthy accounts and several with tens of thousand positives.

You know , i hesitated to start this thread because i didn't want to seem like a stalker or sore loser even tho someone already pointed that out.

But looking at his feedback left for others and all the negs and neutrals he was leaving and all the refunds he was getting

i couldn't figure out how he kept getting away with that.

I just thought i'd start this thread so other people are aware of that buyer in case they had problems with him.

Edited by roadrunner

Just to shed some light on one of his negs he left someone,

in the screenshot below the Superman game he won had a ebay stock photo and he left neg feedback saying

"Received different item than pictured. No communication from seller."

Alot of the ebay stock photo's are not going to match up with the game you get because 2600 games have so many different labels.

That buyer just seems to use every loophole to get a refund.

post-22103-0-79344600-1341430335_thumb.png

Again, you have zero proof that this happened. What if the seller sent him a cart with no label or a completely different game? As a buyer I won't buy from stock photo auctions or I will request an actual photo before I purchase, but I also think the seller has a responsibility if they are too lazy to use a real picture to make sure the stock photo they are using is identical to what they are selling. I'm sorry, sellers here are free to do what they want with the information, but this kind of cyberstalking is frankly disgusting and grossly inappropriate in my book.

Just to shed some light on one of his negs he left someone,

in the screenshot below the Superman game he won had a ebay stock photo and he left neg feedback saying

"Received different item than pictured. No communication from seller."

Alot of the ebay stock photo's are not going to match up with the game you get because 2600 games have so many different labels.

That buyer just seems to use every loophole to get a refund.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, do you even have to ask? When I see a seller post an auction like this I just move on. All caps, red/white/blue patriotic BS theme, and some pretty far-fetched claims such as:

WE BOUGHT THIS SYSTEM MANY YEARS AGO WHEN IT WAS ON SALE AS A BACK UP SYSTEM IN CASE OUR PRIMARY ONE WENT BAD. WE NEVER USED IT, BUT THE ADAPTOR WAS REMOVED BECAUSE OUR PRIMARY ONE WENT BAD. I AM NOT SURE TO THIS DAY WHERE THAT ADAPTER IS (I WISH I DID). SO YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS NO ADAPTER...

WTF? so lets see...hmmm, I have this nice video game console, but I better buy a whole 'nother one right away because it might go out and then the massive investment I have in my FIVE games will be for nothing! :ponder:

and this red flag:

I AM KIND OF SURE IT STILL WORKS, BUT NO GUARANTEE. I HAVE NO WAY OF CHECKING IT OUT BECAUSE I HAVE TO ADAPTER (STANDS TO REASON).

OK, so the buyer drove right on past the warning signs, that doesn't mean he shouldn't leave a neg.