IGNORED

TI Invaders (hacked)

So far ...

That's a pretty neat screen-shot effect. I notice that the change in the bottom row makes them more difficult to hit; adds to the complexity of the game.

Here's a quick show of game play. I would have double-sized it, but doing so killed Gimp and my poor 2GB Core2Duo laptop :)

post-27864-0-61573200-1342978091_thumb.gif

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Nope. You have to stick with emulation, or use SuperCart with GRAMKracker, or wait for the Super MultiCart (the one with GROM support).

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/202784-new-512k-cartridge/?hl=%2Bmulticart+%2Bgrom

The TI Invaders source in plain text is here for producing EA3/EA5. I haven't tried and assemble it. Obviously it does not include the changes I made. It's unlikely I will have/make time for doing so. Sorry.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/199865-hacking/?do=findComment&comment=2553313

:|

Dude. I think I only made changes to like the first six invaders. Yet another unfinished project. Got notes for more invaders, sound effects and text. I might do it. Changing the source should be easier than changing the binaries. Planned for the removal of the saucer intermission.

:)

The saucer intermission could be its own game, entirely. Or, hey, how about fixing it so it cannot go up out of missile range.

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I'll have to break this out to GROM and ROM parts and see what happens when I put it into an UberGROM board. . .then this could be played on real iron as a cartridge. . .although invoking the magic of Gazoo for that may get a much faster functional result!

• Like 1

That looks much more like the arcade game graphics

I actually tried to cram the Atari 2600 version into the TI-99/4(A).

The 1980 Atari 2600 version quadrupled the system's sales and became the first "killer app" for video game consoles.

Original Space Invaders release 1978.

spaceinvaders.png

Edit:

Gorf (1981) has the exact same invader graphics in stage one (both arcades from/licensed by Midway).

Edited by sometimes99er
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

And here's a hacked version for the FlashROM99. ;)

attachicon.gifti-inva.unlimited.8.bin

Hi sometimes99er, I just tried this on the FlashROM 99 and a standard (unexpanded) TI but it just goes to a blank blue screen and hangs.

The usual soft reset does not work either, I had to power cycle the TI.

Cheers,

Shane

Edited by 00WReX
  • Like 1

You know, I like these hacked games, it might even give me a chance to see parts of games I've never seen before -or- play a game with improved graphics.

Over the past few years there was the a hacked Parsec and an improved Car Wars both those games would make great additions to the FlashROM 99 repository under the new heading for hacked games. I wonder what else is out there that could be included?

• Like 1

Hi sometimes99er, I just tried this on the FlashROM 99 and a standard (unexpanded) TI but it just goes to a blank blue screen and hangs.

The usual soft reset does not work either, I had to power cycle the TI.

Cheers,

Shane

Thanks for feedback. Sorry, I think I forgot about inverted and non-inverted. Will check and correct soon.

I don't get it. It's non-inverted (as it should be with FlashROM99) and works fine with Classic99. I only have emulation, so I'm kinda of stuck. :(

Edited by sometimes99er
  • Like 1