IGNORED

Last 3 games you played?

Finally! For the First time... after ALL these years...

I pulled the Game Boy conversions of Space Invaders, which was my FAVORITE (arcade) game of ALL TIME... (the ONE that really SUCKED ME IN...)

and played five different, unique versions (four on my Super Game Boy) on my SNES:

(1) Space Invaders (Game Boy tan case, DMG-SP-USA-1, Nintendo)

==> featuring the Original Arcade version as a Super Game Boy enhancement in high resolution,

in addition to (2) the standard enhanced Game Boy version

(3) Space Invaders (Game Boy tan case, DMG-SPA, Taito 1990)

(4) Space Invaders (Game Boy Color, Black case, DMG-AIVE-USA, Taito/Activision)

(5) there is also the SNES version, which is an excellent conversion of the original arcade game.

I used an Asciiware asciiPad (item no. 4900) with Turbo settings and HAD A BALL!

• Like 1

Commander Keen 3 (PC)

Mercenary Force (Game Boy)

Wolfenstein 3D (PC)

I replayed Wolfenstein 3D armed with maps I found online revealing the level layouts and even a secret area I knew nothing about. It's still challenging though thanks to those damn SS troops with their machine guns.

I finally beat Simon's Quest; I was NEVER able to do that due to the confusing layout of the world.

I made a repro cart of the Simon's Quest Retranslation hack. Makes the game so much better, as helpful clues are given, plus it has a save game feature.

My last 3 games:

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Diablo 3 - PC - Probably my last time for the current season. I've played Barbarian the last two and I'm ready for something else.

Shining Force 3 - Saturn - just finished Quonus Village

Battletech - PC - too new to give spoilers, but really enjoying the campaign so far.

Edited by derFunkenstein

I Am Setsuna (PS4) - Appreciated a classic JRPG experience after all these years, but I found the game kind of a slog in the end.

Banjo Kazooie (XB360 - Missed this when it came out the first time around and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Controls are a little slippery, and we've clearly come a long way in 3D platformers since then, but I was engaged enough to 100% it.

Ori and the Blind Forest (XBone) - One of the best Metroidvania experiences I've had in years. Certainly better than any Castlevania in recent memory. I really enjoyed Samus Returns, but Ori just barely edges ahead of that for me.

Currently playing Shantae: Half-Genie Hero for PS4. Diggin it.

• 3 weeks later...