IGNORED

Last 3 games you played?

In honor of the end of the 3DS with no new first party games coming ..... I played a few 3DS games with my son.

Minecraft (3DS)

Detective Pikachu (3DS)

Impossible Mission DS -- C64 classic version (3DS)

I kinda wish they'd give Impossible Mission the 'Lode Runner Legacy' treatment in the US and give us a not-terrible remake for the Switch but the ability to play the Classic Version, too. :)

• Like 1

I kinda wish they'd give Impossible Mission the 'Lode Runner Legacy' treatment in the US and give us a not-terrible remake for the Switch but the ability to play the Classic Version, too. :)

It's available in the UK The C64 nostalgia is big in Europe/UK... not so much in US.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Impossible-Mission-1533881.html

Edited by thetick1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cool Minigame Collection (Coin-Op) ..................  This is a really crazy game everyone should try at least once! My favorite levels are the 'Doll' and 'Burger' levels.

The Castle (Sega SG-1000)...................................................Possibly my favorite platformer atm. Could have been great on the NES as well.

ALF (SMS).............................. Dumb game based on corny 80's show,but somehow want to findout what's next. 

Up next:     T&C Surf Designs (NES)

17 hours ago, lushgirl_80 said:

The Castle (Sega SG-1000)...................................................Possibly my favorite platformer atm. Could have been great on the NES as well.

ALF (SMS).............................. Dumb game based on corny 80's show,but somehow want to findout what's next. 

Regarding The Castle, are you saying that the NES version (Castlequest) could have been better?

I played the Famicom version (Castle Excellent) for a long while ages ago, but couldn't find my way through to the end. I liked it just fine, but The Castle had some differences IIRC.

Also, I feel the same way about ALF! Even though it's a trash game in most respects, I somehow found it compelling enough to keep going. For some reason I can tune in to the mindset of that kind of game pretty well...

On 7/30/2019 at 3:58 PM, thegoldenband said:

Regarding The Castle, are you saying that the NES version (Castlequest) could have been better?

No I am talking about a completely different game  which is on the Sega SG-1000.

The Castle was never ported to the NES.  Castlequest is the sequel of that game actually. Glad you mention Castlequest though,I'll have to try it out tonight!

12 hours ago, lushgirl_80 said:

No I am talking about a completely different game  which is on the Sega SG-1000.

The Castle was never ported to the NES.  Castlequest is the sequel of that game actually. Glad you mention Castlequest though,I'll have to try it out tonight!

Touché, I should have been more precise in my language -- I've played a fair bit of SG-1000, after all. :)

From what I remember the mechanics of the two games are very similar, and I wonder if it'd be possible to put the level designs from the SG-1000 game into the NES sequel without too much trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

:) Alright been getting into many gaming sessions lately....

Ninja Gaiden (Atari Lynx)..................................................  IMO much better than the NES version by far! Good port of the arcade. 

Cabbage Patch Kids:Adventure in the Park (ColecoVision) .............................................. Good game.

Zektor (Arcade) .................................... Omg think I found my favorite vector game of all-time! :love: 

Honorable mentions:  Campaign '84(ColecoVision), Daffy Duck the Marvin Missions(GameBoy), Eyes(Arcade) , Tombstone City(TI-994/a), Galaga '88(Arcade)

• 2 weeks later...

Ex Mutants (Genesis).......................................... Ok platformer but not sure I'm really into it.

Ariel The Little Mermaid (Genesis)................This game sucks. Not as good as the NES version.

Lady in Wading (Atari 2600)...................... I think I just wasted 20 minutes of my life LOL Can't believe this game even exists,but it is funny.

Tunnel Runner(Atari 2600)................... Brilliant game. Forgot how well designed this is.

Bubbles(Arcade).....................After playing it alot,I can see now why some don't like it lol  ?  I like the character designs and such but it's way too difficult to the point it gets frustating, Meh.

Ninja Warriors(Arcade)..............Wow this game rules!!!!!!!