IGNORED

Last 3 games you played?

arcades:

Teddy Boy Blues - a playable but fairly monotonous platform game. The intro screen is really neat, with the characters all playing the theme song in an animated band scene.

1181242182121.png

Grobda - a tank battle arena game. Controlling the tank and using the obstacles seems less important than spinning around firing in all directions as fast as possible.

1181242121161.png

Great 1000 Miles Rally - there are many versions of this rally racing game. plays OK with a joystick, but not great. the variety of classic cars is nice. I play it occasionally until I get completely frustrated with repeatedly crashing.

1181242121111.png

• Like 1

Arcades:

Centipede - this game is "spray and pray" for me. No marksmanship has ever worked. Just rapid fire and evasion.

Joust - our bowling crew used to play Joust and Rampage in undergrad, so it may be my all time top quarter muncher. Love it.

Food Fight - I want to like Food Fight, but as far as I can tell no point in even trying to aim your throws. It's too hard to run away and aim the food at the same time, so it's another "spray and pray" game while running for your life. It would be a funner game if it was more focused on throwing the food than running.

time to fire up a game of Mikie...

Edited by bkrownd
  • Like 1

I picked up 2 Dreamcast games this week - Marvel Vs Capcom, and Star Wars Ep1 Jedi Power battles.

I've been wanting Marvel vs Capcom for years , since I originally traded it in when I bought MvC2 new. But it was always too pricey for me, being that I already owned MvsC2 and other variations of the game. But I finally picked it up for $25 , a fair deal IMHO. (I have seen it at over $40 many times).

MvC has 2D backgrounds (unlike MvC2's 3D backgrounds). It allows 2-on-2 gameplay with 1 assist-only character (as opposed to MvC2's 3-on-3 gameplay). With the 2D backgrounds and different music, it has a different feel from its sequel game. I found it very challenging and hard to beat, which made it all the more interesting. It's final boss is Onslaught,, a cybernetic type mechanical creature created from Xavier's and Magneto's minds. I love the different bosses in the various vs Capcom games. MvC2 had a boss called Abyss, and Marvel vs Street Fighter (Saturn/PS) had Apocalypse as the final boss.

The 2nd DC game was Star Wars Episode One Jedi Power Battles. I had ignored this game in the past, but favorable reviews and time made me desire it. So I quickly picked it up at $10. Well, I only played it for about 45 minutes last night, but I loved it. The sounds and music are authentic and outstanding. Hearing Duel of the Fates while slicing robots with young Obi-Wan was a lot of fun. Will play much more.