IGNORED

Ebay sellers who just cannot figure out what LIKE NEW means

It should be a very easy common sense thing, "like new" means just what it says, a good example of like new is if you purchase a new factory sealed game, open it up, it then becomes like new, no scuffs, no scratches, not re-surfaced, nothing missing, why is this such a hard concept to grasp for many sellers on ebay., i would say that at least 1 out of every 4 or 5 disc based games described as like new that i buy on ebay are not even close to like new. it amazes me. anyone else have this problem?

Yes, and it's gotten much worse in the last two or three years. It's gotten to the point where I have to ask very specific questions on nearly everything I buy on eBay (e.g. what are you shipping this in?, have you attempted any repairs on this? etc.). If I don't get a response from the seller, I don't bid.

If they can't figure out what "Like New" means, educate them as to what "Negative Feedback" means.

I gave a guy a Neutral rating because a SNES I bought was stated to be in "like new" condition. I analyzed the photos in the listing, but the lighting wasn't the greatest and the zoom was farther out than it probably should have been. Whatever, it looked fine to me, so I took a chance on it. I get it, and it's caked with a film of dirt, the cart slot has large clumps of hair and dust, and the front controller ports were yellowed. He responds with "PICTURES TELL 1000 WORDS! LOOK AT THEM! WATCH OUT FOR THIS ONE, GUYS!!". After that comment, I thought to myself how I should have given him a Negative instead.

• Like 1

Maybe where they shop, new items come in those kinds of conditions? @_@

It's gotten to the point where I have to ask very specific questions on nearly everything I buy on eBay (e.g. what are you shipping this in?, have you attempted any repairs on this? etc.). If I don't get a response from the seller, I don't bid.

If they can't give any of their time and put a decent description on the auction, I don't give them any of my time and I move along. The guy with all of the pictures and the text is the guy who's going to get my sale, even if I have to pay a little extra for it (though sometimes I'll take a risk if it's something that's usually expensive/rare).

• Like 1

when i sell games on amazon, i use "like new" to mean literally like new, meaning complete and the game looks like i just opened it.

it happens with books i've ordered too. a "like new" listing ends up with me getting a paperback thats so yellowed/orange it looks like it was dipped in kool-aid.

when i sell games on amazon, i use "like new" to mean literally like new, meaning complete and the game looks like i just opened it.

it happens with books i've ordered too. a "like new" listing ends up with me getting a paperback thats so yellowed/orange it looks like it was dipped in kool-aid.

My wife bought a used book on amazon that was "very good" condition - it had pages torn out! Unbelievable.

I've had pretty good luck on eBay, though.