IGNORED

NES Multicart Rarity?

I've been collecting Atari games for a while, just started recently with the NES. Among the games I own is one of those Pirate multicarts from the early 90s. This one in particular shows up a good bit online, but not this version. It is called 110-in-1, and is a light grey cartridge with a horizontal rectangle label, which features the box art for SMB and Adventure Island, with Pac-Man in all his 80s glory. The one I see most often is made by "SuperVision" and features a pink label and a standard-looking cartridge.B84194E9-F5CE-A395-9EB4C4D722FC6FF8.jpg

Anyway, mine is barely functioning. If anyone knew where I could get a replacement, or knows if it's really rare or worth anything, that'd be great.

I've been collecting Atari games for a while, just started recently with the NES. Among the games I own is one of those Pirate multicarts from the early 90s. This one in particular shows up a good bit online, but not this version. It is called 110-in-1, and is a light grey cartridge with a horizontal rectangle label, which features the box art for SMB and Adventure Island, with Pac-Man in all his 80s glory. The one I see most often is made by "SuperVision" and features a pink label and a standard-looking cartridge.

Anyway, mine is barely functioning. If anyone knew where I could get a replacement, or knows if it's really rare or worth anything, that'd be great.

Creating a rarity list for NES pirate multicarts is a bit like creating a rarity list for a bunch of 3rd graders' snowman pictures. Yes, they're all different, but they're all snowmen and most of them suck.

You really can't judge the value or rarity of these things in any way that correlates to an actual release. Pirate multis were made by small-time entrepreneurs in Brazil and big-time cartels in Hong Kong. Some were cranked out in the NES' heyday, others were done yesterday... and no matter what, NO ONE kept records of how many were made, or what's on them.

Most of them aren't really worth much unless one of the games on them is some sort of HK original, like Mortal Kombat or Kart Fighter. If you'd want another one, I'd suggest just keeping your eyes open during conventions or try to make some contacts with collectors abroad.

• Like 3

Is there also a label on the back? One of those rare-ish multicarts has double labels like that.

Yeah, it's a list of the games. It messes up at #60, combining Pac-Man and Battle City into "PACMANBATTLE CITY". Somehow the numbers end up correct though.

Okay, thanks everybody! Exactly what I wanted to know!

The real place to ask is NintendoAge. here is what they said about a similar cart:

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=29&threadid=75739

I'm a begginer collector of NES/Famicom pirate carts myself. Retail stores will rip you off charging $50. Those who don't mark up shiny things usually sell pirate carts at the same price range as any other common cart. No one respects NES pirate carts, really.