IGNORED

Season 9 Round 8 - R.C. Pro-Am

CGQuarterly

**Sorry for the long delay. We're still not settled in to the new house, but the HSC must go on!**

Welcome to round 8 of the 9th season of the Atari Age NES High Score League!

The first 9 games have been pre-selected and entered into a random list generator. So you guys know the games, but not the order.

Let's try 1-week rounds this season.

This round ends on Monday, July 16th.

Title: R.C. Pro-Am

Developer: Rare

Publisher: Nintendo

Released: February, 1988 (US)

http://youtu.be/zDQ7XfONoYc

Rules:

Scores so far:

Current standings:

1. Austin 54

2. peculiarsatyr 35

3. asponge 22

4. atarilovesyou 17

5(t). roadrunner 7

5(t). jblenkle 7

7. Liduario 6

8. theKLT 2

9(t). Jibbajaba 1

9(t). cparsley 1

9(t). mihcael 1

9(t). LarcenTyler 1

Edited by Jibbajaba

So it's never to late to join this, is it? I had to jump in with R.C. Pro Am. I love that game. I thought I would wait until the season was over and join, but I couldn't wait.

Is there a way to compress a pic file after I have already taken it? I went to upload the image and I see that my pic is 3mb which is over the 2mb limit. Oops.

Crap, I missed out on this one :( Has it been closed officially yet? I have a score but have been away early this week. No probs if not, though...that's the way it goes!

If Chris hasn't officially closed it yet you can probably get away with putting in a last-minute score.

Crap, I missed out on this one :( Has it been closed officially yet? I have a score but have been away early this week. No probs if not, though...that's the way it goes!

If Chris hasn't officially closed it yet you can probably get away with putting in a last-minute score.

Hopefully so!...but it's not going to matter as I can't string up a good run to save my life:

YIKES...I seem to have forgotten that in order to place a high score, you pretty much GOTTA get each letter to get that truck...and use every dirty trick to stay ahead of the game!

I kinda wish we had some banter about this title as it's very complain/rant worthy, lol, even though of course it's a great classic that I really do like! Memories, man...but just like then, frustrating memories! That blasted yellow asshole, lol, zipping at lightspeed to finish the race one lap ahead of us! I have no clue about the secret details of this game, but there's a few things that always ticked me off about RC Pro Am:

1. The cars you get! All I wanted back in the day was to drive a REAL stinking RC CAR...not some goofy pickup, upgraded to an SUV (did we even have em back then?...nope) and finally FINALLY you get a frickin CAR...and it's not even a DUNE BUGGY, but some gangster mobile! That box art lied to me, and not in an 'Old Timey Cop with a Stick" way, either...GIMME THAT DUNE BUGGY!!! LOL

2. The yellow car from hell. Enough said. This prick deserves his own THREAD! :D

3. The controls. You can't precisely control that car, I don't care who's driving. You generally kinda 'guide' the car, but if you need to move a smidge to avoid something, well, good luck to you my son, because there's only one way to drive in this game: overshoot everything and hope for the best! You can't drive against the other cars, you gotta memorize that track, and aim well.

4. The weapons. The only way to survive, and you better be good with the missiles. The bombs are great if you're ahead, but more often than not you need those missles to save your ass when you need it.

5. The obstacles. Let me get this straight: I crash into a wall, I stop for a good 2 or 3 seconds. The AI cars? They crash, regenerate and are back to top speed in the SAME amount of time. It's ludicrous! Ever hit a guy with a missle but have the unfortunate luck that your car pushes his wreck in front of your bumper?...only to see him regen and ZZZZZZZIP away ahead of you while you finish LAST?!?!?!...oh yes, my friends, SATAN is a WORK here! (note I'm not kidding, ol' Scratch has his bony fingers buried deep into the AI of this game...deep)

6. The red zip lines. They suck. Any game that REQUIRES you to hit EVERY ZIP LINE of else you'll lose deserves a kick right in the nuts. Better yet, one kick for EACH nut. That's two kicks, one for each of SATAN'S BALLS.

7. Oil slicks. These things are pure turd. Made from the SWEAT off of SATAN'S OWN WRETCHED BALLS, these slicks will make you want to chew your dogbone controller and throw it to the kid next door! Why, why? WHY I SAY

8. hmmm, what else....nope, that's about itNO WAIT, how could I forget the RAISING WALLS?!?!!...who sticks randomly raising WALLS on a race track?!?!?....SATAN DOES, that's who...hear him snicker!...no seriously just listen....you hear that?...NO NOT THAT, the other thingTHERE, that's it, that's IT: *snickering of Satan*

I can't complain too much cause I thought I was better than what I posted, but I also think it funny that I scored more in one track (the one after I died but managed to complete the NINTENDO) than I did on FIVE TRACKS leading up to that level! So, sadly, I had to put in my score without a continue (as rules and common sense dictates). But I swear, my score was DOUBLE that of my high, just by completing the bonus! Ain't Satan a stinka?..he sure is, he sure is.

HE SURE IS :mad:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I swear, it doesn't feel like time is going by that quickly to me...

theKLT 185,155 +9

cybersp78 153,863 +6

Liduario 102,624 +3

cparsley 76,839 +1

roadrunner 33,395 +1

Austin 32,419 +1

atarilovesyou 28,241 +1

jblenkle 6,962 +1

Edited by Jibbajaba