IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

The image conversions are looking very very promising. Congratulations on a great job ilmenit.

Rather than using a mask, have you considered allowing the user to lassoo over the image sections selecting the 'importance' within the converter. This would make it a far quicker process instead of creating masks, etc

You may be doing this already, but are you using assembly code to compare source and destination images (there are some mmx/sse opcodes that can greatly speed up the comparison of multiple pixels and calculate the 'error' eg psadbw opcode, although mainly only simple distance rather than more optimal difference calculations.

I do not write the GUI for this converter because I find this kind of programming too boring ;-) There is however a GUI written by Larek.

If he decides that the detail mask should be editable from it then we may expect it in the future. However I prefer to use any other GFX program to do that. With freeware Paint.Net you can create a mask in 15 seconds (load a image, make a lasso selection, add a new layer, fill the selection with the white color and the inversion with black, save the picture with flattening).

PSADBW is great, but the colour distance for each pixel to Atari palette is already precalculated. so this is not a bottleneck. The slowest part is execution of generated 6502 code and ANTIC emulation, which is quite slow trying to emulate sprites properly. It is optimized by caching already (phaeron patches) so probably the best way to speed it up is to use some paralelizm.

Edited by ilmenit

Oh god those horrid C64 colors again.

Some people just never learn.

You could do yourself a favor.

Stand in front of a mirror, look at it. Then yell as loud as you can "Some people just never learn." . Possibly you will hear it.

1. You're not even able to follow the thread

2. The Picture isn't real C64 , because it has been an interlaced picture in the original, and I wanted to check, how it looks with Rastaconverter and without interlace...

3. It's guys like you who kill the threads always with dumb personal attacks.

post-2756-0-68002400-1345702826_thumb.png

emkay_vogel800.xex

Edited by emkay
  • Like 2

... 3. It's guys like you who kill the threads always with dumb personal attacks. ...

Maybe guys like ZylonBane can be banned. I never saw any constructive posts by him. (Did anyone else do?)

I reported his posts to the moderator several time, but nothing happened ...

3. It's guys like you who kill the threads always with dumb personal attacks.

No need for me to make the converter look bad. Ilmenit tries the best himself to do so.

Hey guys, here's something to try converting:

tmpa.jpg

Now I understand. Your brain is working mechanically. This excuses very much.