IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

I've got 2 early i7 era quad-core machines that I can devote to overnight processing.

My Xeon can run a bit hot though so I limited this run to 2 threads. Not the ideal pic and I'm way out of practice with RC but here's about 9 hours and about 372 million iterations generates, original pic included (ah crap, pic not vertically centred, and the walkway is full of holes)

post-7804-0-75657600-1472692881_thumb.jpg

post-7804-0-13918300-1472692826_thumb.png

Wharf1.xex

• Like 8

I chose this sunset image because the colour distribution lends very well to what the A8 is capable of.

A very short run, I doubt even hours of extra processing would improve much, though some playing around with the dithering method would probably help more. Original + screenshot + executable...

post-7804-0-48227000-1472701790_thumb.jpg

post-7804-0-65703600-1472701863_thumb.png

Sunset1.xex

• Like 11

let me check now ....

Okay, there are the folder called RastaConverterBeta 5.1 on my Program folder.

I did tired to launch .exe called RastaConverter.exe and it does not launch. It pop-up quickly like 1/4 second then quit itself.

Ah. It is a command line driven program, so you would need to launch it via command prompt. However, the latest version is beta 7, and there is also a program called RCGUI which is a Windows front-end for running it. Let me see if I can post them here.

RastaConverterBeta7.zip

What emulator and palette are you using to display that? Below are 2 shots of Altirra 2.80-test 50, using the built in NTSC and PAL palettes.

NTSC:attachicon.gifboat_NTSC.jpg

PAL:attachicon.gifboat_PAL.jpg

I used Atari800Win Plus 4.1 and used the OlivierN.act palette for Rastacoverter and for the emulator. The screenshot is from that emulator.

I don't know how to select my preferred palette using Altirra. When I put Altirra in NTSC mode but choose the preset for OlivierPAL (system>video>adjust colors...>preset) then screenshots are close in appearance to my Atari800Win Plus ones.

Atari800Win plus left. Altirra right.

post-9154-0-51434900-1472844891_thumb.pngpost-9154-0-28161500-1472844912_thumb.png

• Like 1

Finally I moved RCGUI into the correct folder and it works but I need to learn how it is works ....

How long should I have to wait until it is finished converted ? I was upload an simple, test with robot like image. It was provide test image in the folder of rasta converted.

Edited by Caterpiggle

Finally I moved RCGUI into the correct folder and it works but I need to learn how it is works ....

How long should I have to wait until it is finished converted ? I was upload an simple, test with robot like image. It was provide test image in the folder of rasta converted.

There's no set time. I did one of my best images today with only 150 million iterations. I have had stuff run for over 5 billion and they don't look half as good. I also unfortunately cannot explain what kind of picture will work, because I often think something will look great and it can't work. Just takes a lot of time, patience, and experimentation.