IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

There's no set time. I did one of my best images today with only 150 million iterations. I have had stuff run for over 5 billion and they don't look half as good. I also unfortunately cannot explain what kind of picture will work, because I often think something will look great and it can't work. Just takes a lot of time, patience, and experimentation.

Indeed. Atari just cannot display all the pictures nicely because of how hardware sprites work and how color registers can be changed. After some experimenting you quickly find out if picture is promising or what changes must be applied in preprocessing to make it look better.

• Like 2

Rybags is right. This conversion looks OK in just 120 million evaluations but without the ability to portray the eyes the story of the picture is missing.

attachicon.gifwolves.jpg.jpg

attachicon.gifwolves_screenshot.png

This is a picture that would look better using my ICE MIN (12+9) mode. You really need the 16 lumas of Graphics 9 to get this to work.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious, have you ever tried anything like the Enchroma glasses?

Never heard of them. My results from their test were:

STRONG DEUTAN
What is a Deutan?
Deutans are people with deuteranomaly, a type of red-green color blindness in which the green cone doesn’t detect enough green but is too sensitive to yellows, oranges, and reds.
As a result, greens, yellows, oranges, reds, and browns may appear similar, especially in low light. It can also be difficult to tell the difference between blues and purples, or pinks and grays.
  • Like 2